Range Report

This is a discussion on Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I finally got out the the range for the first time with my M&P9c. I got to say it felt good. Yes the trigger ...

Thread: Range Report

Range Report

Today I finally got out the the range for the first time with my M&P9c. I got to say it felt good. Yes the trigger is gritty but the reset is great. It is almost as good as a Glock. It's not as audible but I could CLEARLY feel it. Much better than the gun I tested at the range. Only one problem chambering a round when I didn't rack the slide hard enough. Other than that with 60+ rounds not one hiccup. Now I just need to work on my accuracy. Hopefully I can come across a good stash of ammo soon so I can go shooting again and not worry about not having ammo for the next time.

I'm curious if other new M&P owners have a clean reset? I know a lot of people here have said that is a negative on the M&P and I definitely noticed the lack of a clear reset on the gun I shot at the range before I chose what to buy. So I wonder if it is true and S&W did change the trigger. Either way I'm happy with mine.

2. Remove Ads

I can't help you with any M&P specific information, as I don't own one and have only shot one a few times. I can address the "gritty" trigger, however. The more you shoot it and let the parts work together, the smoother it will get. If you don't get to the range very often or don't want to use up your ammo supply, then you can use dry fire practice. This will help smooth out the action, and also help you stay in good practice.

I have a 9c also and I can't say that I really feel the reset. I have put about 1K rounds through it, so I'm probably just used to it. The trigger on mine has smoothed out nicely too.
    The day the music died - Nov 6, 2012

The newer ones are supposed to have a nicer trigger all around. Check the date of yours to see when it was built and that might give ya some information. Not sure what date for the revised trigger, but I think I either heard it on YouTube or read it on the S&W forum.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

My trigger has also gotten smoother over time. I'll post a link later that sometime helps with a gritty trigger, I'm done with coffee and off to work now.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

I have about 300 rounds through my M&P 9c. The trigger is nice and smooth and the reset is very clear. Heard a lot of negatives about the trigger before I, uh, pulled the trigger, on the purchase. No regrets at all! Love mine and am sure you'll love yours too. Great firearm!

I cant say my reset is clear on my M&P 9c but after 500 rounds it is not hard to get used to. Also, after 500 rounds and probably 500 dry fire pulls, the trigger has smoothed out and is much better than when I first bought the gun.

One of the reasons I bought my 9c was the improvements made to the trigger.

In the past, I have looked at M&P's and absolutely HATED the squishy trigger pull and absent reset; XD's felt pretty much the same to me at that time...so I ended up buying a Glock 19. After getting rid of the Glock...time went by and I was looking at striker fired pistols again, so once again I looked at M&P's and the trigger on the 9c I was looking at felt like my Shield.

Perfect...No, but a LOT better than they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by B_2keys View Post
    I cant say my reset is clear on my M&P 9c but after 500 rounds it is not hard to get used to. Also, after 500 rounds and probably 500 dry fire pulls, the trigger has smoothed out and is much better than when I first bought the gun.
    +1 here its gets better with more use and dry firing. Like my 9c more each time.

Links