Glock 29 Gen 4 Range Report

This is a discussion on Glock 29 Gen 4 Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok... So I got to the range this morning(Teds out here in the east valley) and cranked off 250 CCI 200g blazers.. How did she ...

Thread: Glock 29 Gen 4 Range Report

Glock 29 Gen 4 Range Report

Ok...

So I got to the range this morning(Teds out here in the east valley) and cranked off 250 CCI 200g blazers.. How did she do? Flawless and a better shot than me...

I wanted to give a quick report because I really believe the 29(gen 4) to be every bit of her older sisters if not a little better..(I like the new grips) No shells to the face and perfect function every time.. Glock may have had a bump in the road but they have earned my respect back and I trust this little .10 with my life.. I will buy gen 4's from here on out....

Take Care!!

2. Remove Ads

didn't realize the Gen 4 29's were out.
    what changes did Glock make in the Gen 4 29?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    didn't realize the Gen 4 29's were out.
    what changes did Glock make in the Gen 4 29?
    What was the recoil like?

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Congrats on the new Glock. I recently picked up a new Gen 4 G27 and like it better than my previous 27.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    What was the recoil like?
    Not sure if the gen4 is any different, but my 29SF gen3 is pretty darn uncomfortable after a few mags. My medium power loads are controllable, but full power loads really hurt.

He wasn't using full house loads so the recoil shouldn't have been any worse than a 40 S&W.

@zonker... Abi mag capability, springs, grip texture, changeable backs traps, angle, etc...@glock 2201...Not bad at all, as KMA said these loads(1050fps, 490ME) would be considered HOT .40 cal. I had no trouble at all coming from a .45 sig and this baby was more accurate in my hands. The sig just never did it for me..

When I got home my pinkey extensions were in the mail and that's going to help control her a little more as I crank up the juice. That's what I truly love about this gun and caliber. I can go from HOT .40's all the way up to a true outdoor piece. I load it with 180 XTP from Horandy for EDC and Underwood 180 for outdoor work. I really don't worry about it "hurting" with the big boy rounds as if I need them I would not notice at all.. As far as I am concerned its the perfect gun and to make it even more fun, I can drop in a .40 or .357 sig..

Love it.l

Links