Traded glock 26 for a G23 gen 4 today, my first .40( I never liked .40)

This is a discussion on Traded glock 26 for a G23 gen 4 today, my first .40( I never liked .40) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 9mm and .45acp, The only 2 rounds I have ever owned out of my pistols. I always heard bad things about .40 and always shyed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Traded glock 26 for a G23 gen 4 today, my first .40( I never liked .40)

Traded glock 26 for a G23 gen 4 today, my first .40( I never liked .40)

9mm and .45acp, The only 2 rounds I have ever owned out of my pistols. I always heard bad things about .40 and always shyed away from it becuase of "snappy recoil". I love the quick follow up shots of 9mm and I love the "push" of my .45
    As of recently I thought if I got a .40sw my ability to find ammo would be a little easier, I shoot a few hundred rounds every week by the way. I grabbed the gen 4 g23 today and I had really good time at the range today it kind of reminded me of .357 magnum through a 6'' barrel(thats just me ). my follow up shots were just fine and it didnt throw brass on my face. I dont even miss my glock 26 that I traded for it..and I loved that gun. Thats probably becuase I traded my g3 glock 26 with night sights for a brand new 23 + $70 bucks in my pocket .....

2. Remove Ads

Great gun and good caliber as well... Glock has all the "issues" worked out it seems as most reports of new guns are glowing again. Have fun...

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    I love my snapper. Send me a few extra rounds if you get too many.

Thats a great gun and statistically the .40 cal has a decent amount of stopping power most of the police officers i know carry either a G23 or G22. I actually just bought a .40 barrel for my gen 3 glock 32 which essentially makes it a glock 23. Also, heads up, you can get a 9mm barrel for your 23 nd all you need to do is switch to the G19 mags and you have a 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by RockingGlock32 View Post
    Thats a great gun and statistically the .40 cal has a decent amount of stopping power most of the police officers i know carry either a G23 or G22. I actually just bought a .40 barrel for my gen 3 glock 32 which essentially makes it a glock 23. Also, heads up, you can get a 9mm barrel for your 23 nd all you need to do is switch to the G19 mags and you have a 9mm.
    Yup 9mm, .357Sig and .40 pretty much all in one.

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Yup 9mm, .357Sig and .40 pretty much all in one.
    For sure and .357 sig is a great round too, little expensive but great for personal defense. I practice with my .40 barrel and carry .357 sig.

yeah Im already looking into the lone wolf barrel... any other barrel brands that you guys recommend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    yeah Im already looking into the lone wolf barrel... any other barrel brands that you guys recommend ?

As far as i know Bar Sto is the best and the expensive one will usually drop right in. Although, im sure you could get away with others if you have to.

I plan on getting a Sig barrel for my XD at some point but currently working on acquiring an XD-S

just bought a new glock 23 gen 3 last december before this stuff happend and i love it. i just recently bought a used glock 21 gen 3 and i shoot my 40 better than 45 but still a great shot with both of em!

Distinguished Member
    I think you got a great deal on that trade. I really like my 23, I have the wolf 9mm coversion barrel that I use most of the time at the range - has been great (except with tullammo, I'd recommend staying away from steel with it).
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

MY Glock 23 is the gun I dub my "if I could only have one" firearm. It is just too dang versatile. High round count, powerful to boot, easily concealable, light, recoil is easy to manage. And hey, if you get the hankering for 9mm, just buy the mags and a storm lake 9mm barrel and voila, you have a 9mm. And with a factory Glock 32 barrel only, you have a .357 sig.

Also, buy a rubber set of Talon Grips, makes a HUGE difference for $14.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I shot my son's G23 and was thoroughly disappointed the .40 didn't live up to its reputation as heavy recoiling and snappy. Mind you, I'm a guy who loved shooting a .41 magnum.

Short of using a 44. mag or something like the .500, my suggestion to anyone is to learn to shoot what you have, be it a 9mm, .38+P, .40 or larger.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have the Lone Wolf G23 to 9mm conversion barrel and the G19 spring when using the barrel. I have had zero problems with it when using the 9mm Glock mags.

I'm not using, or planning on using conversion barrels for my Glock 23. I love it as a stand alone. OC, CCW, HD... It's always the answer.
    Currently own: Beretta PX4 9mm, Glock 23 (Gen 4), Glock 19 (Gen 4) x2

I can understand that, I just like to get the full potential out my guns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links