Sig P220 Compact

This is a discussion on Sig P220 Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought another Birthday present to myself, and it came in today. It's a P220 compact Gen 2 SAS. If I don't get this Signess ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sig P220 Compact

Sig P220 Compact

I bought another Birthday present to myself, and it came in today. It's a P220 compact Gen 2 SAS. If I don't get this Signess under control my wife is going to put me down!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images
    drift likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congratulations on a great pistol. I have a 220 elite, though I typically CC a 229 .40 SAS, I have the Signess too.

Speaking of wives and Sigs, my wife says the "Sauer" is the face the wives make when they see a Sig.

All kidding aside she's a good sport.
    Skate likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

My wife is too, she has 3 Sig's of her own...4 if you count the caliber X-change kit.

I own 3 Sigs.... I love the P220 Series and have the P220R and P220 Gen 2 SAS. Sig makes quality well built pistols. The only thing I love more (in guns) are my 1911's....

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    Nice! I was eyeballin' the single action only version they had at Bud's a while back, although they don't seem to have any in stock now. It's also SAS.

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a good one.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate View Post
    If I don't get this Signess under control my wife is going to put me down!!
    I've said it for years, SIGs are like potato chips, you can't have just one!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

P220 series Sigs...

I have the earlier version of your gun, which is called the P245. But I think that most of the parts are interchangeable. Mine has been an accurate and reliable gun, and a good choice for a compact .45 for carry.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Do you think they shoot that much better than Glocks or an m+p. The Sigs look like they would be great guns but the price tag on some of them seem to extremely high. Maybe I am missing something.

How well a person shoots a particular handgun is very specific to the person. I own Glocks, Sigs, CZ's, Rugers, 1911's, etc. I've actually done at-the-range research for myself to answer the question you ask above. I've shot my Glock 30sf and Sig P220Carry side-by-side to compare my accuracy at different distances (7, 15 and 25 yards). Have done the same thing with my Sig and a couple of my 1911's. I personally shoot my 1911's the best......this is closely followed by my Sig P220 Carry, then comes my Glock. Having said that and for all practical purposes most all pistols are combat effective/accurate. That is, at under say 7 yards there really isn't that big a difference. Why the difference......could be the full length guide rods on the Sig, or maybe a better lockup. Who knows...... Sig pistols in general are known for their innate accuracy.

My son owns a 220 sub compact.....what a great shooting gun.....but I believe they stopped producing them......wonder why ?

Nice gun, Senior...

I have a P220 waiting for me at home...plus a P226, P229, P239...
    Skate likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Do you think they shoot that much better than Glocks or an m+p. The Sigs look like they would be great guns but the price tag on some of them seem to extremely high. Maybe I am missing something.
    I have a Glock 36, which is a roughly equivalent gun to my Sig P245, with 6+1 capacity and the same barrel length. I think I paid $690 for the Sig, slightly used. The Glock was also used and I got it for a bargain price of $300, although $450 to $500 would be more normal. So the Sig usually costs a couple of hundred more used.

I think the accuracy and reliability of the Sig and the Glock are about the same, and I will use them interchangeably for defense. The Glock is lighter weight so it carries a little easier. The Sig is probably better looking and gives you a DA/SA trigger, which some prefer. I would recommend either one.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    No, I don't think they shoot that much better. I think it really comes down to what you like. My brother has a couple of Glocks, and I shoot them just as well. I just don't like the feel of them, they don't fit my hand well for some reason. I have a Walther PPS also if I need something more concealable, but it's not as comfortable either.

The Sig's feel better to me, and I shoot them as well or better than any other gun I've tried. I also like all metal guns, no particular reason just personal preference. They are more expensive, but they're worth it to me.

Love the Sig P220 compact.
    I briefly had an SAS model. That thing shot tennis balls from 75 yds out!
    No longer have mine, due to a sickness that involves trading/selling guns for a loss!!

Skate likes this.

I have a 226 extreme and when I shoot it, there isn't another handgun I have that feels as solid or right in my hand as my sig. It eats any ammo I put through it. Never a malf that I can remember. Just a darn good reliable as heck accurate weapon. Right out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links