Any thoughts on the Kel-Tec PF-9?

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on the Kel-Tec PF-9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for experienced thoughts on this pistol, I am looking for a new BUG. My P32 is no longer approved. My wife has claimed my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on the Kel-Tec PF-9?

Administrator

Any thoughts on the Kel-Tec PF-9?

Looking for experienced thoughts on this pistol, I am looking for a new BUG. My P32 is no longer approved. My wife has claimed my PM9 as her own, and it doesn't have a nifty belt clip like the kel-tecs.

I can't find one local to me, so I need to order it in. Anybody that has one, tell me about it.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    So far only 100 have been released, and there were some problems with them that have led Kel-Tec to halt production untill those issues are resolved . It may be several months before you see one in your local gunstore. You can check ktog.org, I know a couple of those guys ended up with one, and they have all the up to date info on Kel-Tec stuff.

Administrator
    I was unaware that they were not in full production. I learn something new everyday....

Kel-Tec, unlike Taurus, has wonderful customer service. If something is wrong Kel-Tec will fix it. Wait for Kel-Tec to get the bugs out and buy one. Regards, Richard

If you don't mind the tangent, why is your P32 no longer approved?

On that note, I'll most definitely end up with a PF-9 when they enter full production and become available. I love pocket carry for a backup gun because it's so nonchalant to have your hand in your pocket and be ready to draw and no one is the wiser.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Dept. mandate .380 or above.
    That's why I carry p3at.

And waiting and wising for pf9.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Administrator
    Same as Ron, new boss mandates .380 or better. I cant say that I disagree with him.

I have had the 32 for several years, and did some testing with the 3at. I'm of the mind set though if I have to go bigger, I'm going to go bigger.

I called Kel-Tec yesterday, looking for an update on my PF-9 dummy gun. The tech rep said I could expect it sometime in December. At this time, they are correcting some issues and will be shipping to dealers in the near future. Stay tuned.
    2cam2go
    www.sunriseleather.com
    NYPD (Ret)
    "Form follows function".....Frank Lloyd Wright

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    My thought is the factory got devastated by Katrina...and they have had a hard time recovering...that is what a few local reps told me...could be totally false....
    I know in the CCW community, it is one of the most awaited firearms in a long long time. It is going to be tough to get one, even after the release....But I will buy one ASAP....
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

if it is anything like the p11 it will be a great gun. my p11 is a real shooter, never had any problems with it. i am planning on getting one myself, when they make it here at parts unknown.

Am very interested in the PF-9, as well. No problem awaiting the issues getting resolved, first.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    My thought is the factory got devastated by Katrina...and they have had a hard time recovering...that is what a few local reps told me...
    Kel-Tec is on the east coast of the FL penninsula, very near Cape Canaveral. Fortunately they were nowhere near Katrina's path last year.

I've had the dummy gun for the PF9 for about a month. I think once Kel-Tec has the "issues" worked out, it will be a huge seller for them. My impression of the gun with respect to size and shape is it is nearly identical in size to their P-11, save it being a single stack version, and thus thinner. It's close in size, too, to the Kahr PM9. The price of the PF9 will have a huge impact on the Kahr sales, I suspect.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I suspect it wasn't the Katrina Storm then....has anyone else here heard about their factory being damaged? didn't the cape get hit hard in the last year or so?
    regardless, I can wait for the bugs to be worked out, but I can see one in the collection soon after.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I too am very interested in this gun. My wife mentioned yesterday about getting me a gun for Christmas. COOL! She's coming around. When she says she wants one then I'll be elated.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

I like the specs and looks of this gun, but I'm waiting for the 2nd edition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links