SCCY CPX-2 Range Report

SCCY CPX-2 Range Report

This is a discussion on SCCY CPX-2 Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took my new SCCY to the range today. I went with my 15 yo grandson. We ran 50 rounds of FMJ and 100 rounds ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: SCCY CPX-2 Range Report

SCCY CPX-2 Range Report

I took my new SCCY to the range today. I went with my 15 yo grandson. We ran 50 rounds of FMJ and 100 rounds of JHP. No FTF and no FTE.

Also ran 150 rounds of .38 special FMJ through my Colt Police Positive Special. No FTF on it either. Overall, it was a good day.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

GH
    Good news. I almost bought one a year or so ago but read so many bad reports about it as well as some good reports. I wound up buying a Sigma 40VE, another one that I read some bad reports about. No probs with that, either. Now my buddy wants to buy it from me after my M&P 40C is delivered. I still might buy the CPX someday. The price is certainly right. I had heard there was a possibility of SCYY coming out with a .40 cal version someday. I'd be super interested then since I'm stockpiling .40 cal ammo, the only caliber I use.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Administrator
    Congrats. I really am glad that you got a trouble free firearm from them. Others seem to be getting firearms that are problem free also now.

I am happy to hear that.

They are a Made In company.

And using extremely high grade materials and modern manufacturing and machining techniques.

It IS true that sometimes just a bit of time is needed to work the function bugs out.

I really want this company to succeed. Hopefully they have not been permanently poxed because their prices are extremely reasonable for the quality of materials they are using for their manufacture.

I have been sort of hopefully following their progression and evolution as a America based firearm co.

Shoot it in good health.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

QK, that was one of my buying decisions. Made in the USA. I don't buy everything that way, but when I can I feel it matters.
    QKShooter, oneshot and GhostMaker like this.
    -- Steven Wright
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

No pictures? :(

Been really interested in these guns but the reviews have been so mixed.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    I believe the triggers are better than their counterparts from Kel Tec, but that is just supposition.
    I believe BOTH manufacturers are putting out quality firearms as of right now.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

The first gen SCCY had issues. The 2nd gens are much more reliable.
    They do look like a nice little gun.

I don't have much to compare it with. It is my first non-wheel gun in 40 years. It feels really good, the trigger pull is smooth but not easy and considering that it is right out of the box, I felt that no FTE/FTF was about as good as I could expect. Granted, I don't have 1000 rounds through it but ammo is scarce and I am under 100 rounds in stock. So, once it gets reasonable I may repost with future results.

It is easy to tear down with no tools for cleaning. You can actually use an empty shell casing to pull the frame pin. Great for a newb like me.
    -- Steven Wright
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

...wish they'd make a single-stack.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

I have about 300 rounds through mine as of right now and have had zero issues with it yet, also if anything does go wrong you cant beat their warranty. Lifetime warranty that follows the weapon not the owner, doesnt get much better than that.

I had one too and pumped 150 rounds through it without issue. The only things I didn't like were the DAO and the enormous recoil since its such a light weapon. But nothing functionally wrong.

Administrator
    I felt that no FTE/FTF was about as good as I could expect.

That's a very good thing these days considering how most gun makers are working OT to get them cranked out and out the door.
    Aceoky and Rock and Glock like this.

I have a CPX-2 also. So far I love it. I have only run 50 rounds through it so far, with no FTF and only one FTE. The FTE was in the first magazine, I think, and was probably related more to my form than the weapon. I have managed to get a few rounds of ammo, so I'll have it back out soon. The fact that SCCY is made in USA and carries lifetime warranty were definitely selling points for me. Unfortunately I had to make use of the warranty, though. I broke the trigger lock the first night I had it, so I emailed SCCY to ask how much a replacement would cost. They sent me a replacement for free. Can't beat that.

I own two....one for me and one for the wife (you can pick her's out of the photos). Just got both back a week ago from the factory. We on the way to her folks in Florida we stopped in the factory and took a tour. Really nice folks. Found out that they had come up with some improvements for the trigger assembly (If you had cracked the frame near the trigger and the right half of trigger guard broke off), the spring "could" slide off if jarred again since it was just hooked into a "V" notch. The upgrade now has the spring threaded through a hole in the trigger cam. they also changed the break point to ~95-98% of the pull vice the old 85% which introduced some inaccuracy due to hitting the back of the trigger guard and jerking the weaoib downward. Shot 100 rounds in mine and the wife 60 in her's since then and we are both happy.
    IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_20130325_045735.jpg

I was a GLOCK cynic for decades & learned (upon owning one) that I was wrong. I was a Kel Tec cynic for years & learned (upon owning one) that I was wrong. I was a Taurus cynic for decades & learned (upon owning two) that I was right. I have been a SCCY cynic since their low-price introduction, I could very well...be wrong. Please keep us posted 'cause I'm interested. Thanks Much!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links