Fun Day

This is a discussion on Fun Day within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took a trip out to the farm today, and got a chance to shoot a few rounds. It was pretty windy, and I was unprepared ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kilowatt3

Thread: Fun Day

Fun Day

Took a trip out to the farm today, and got a chance to shoot a few rounds. It was pretty windy, and I was unprepared to do any serious accuracy testing or anything, but had some good fun plinking.

Ran 60 rounds through my FNAR - 20 each of PMC, CBC (Magtech), and Wolf. I sure like the .308/7.62! All functioned flawlessly. I think the CBC may have been a tad 'hotter', but that's just my impression. Not being familiar with the brand, I was interested in seeing how it functioned in the FNAR.

Also ran several clips* through my CM9. I was comparing 147gr. HST's, Bonded Ranger T's, and some 115 gr. Federal practice ammo. Shot 100 rounds or so, total, without a malf of any kind. Used both the 6- and 7-round clips*. It seemed to me like the HST's were a little hotter than the Ranger T's and the Fed 115's, but again, just my impression.

I finished off the afternoon with a couple of clips* of PMC through my Colt 6920MP. The .223 felt like a .22 after the 60 rounds of 7.62x51!

It was a good day!

*I use the term "clip" instead of "magazine" for the express purpose of irritating the retentive types who will let it annoy them.
    TrevX likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

2. Remove Ads

Links