Is The Glock Gen4 30S Out Yet???

This is a discussion on Is The Glock Gen4 30S Out Yet??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been searching for a good .45 carry Glock. I have decided on the 30S, but I want a Gen4 one. Has the Gen4 30S ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ddclancy

Thread: Is The Glock Gen4 30S Out Yet???

I've been searching for a good .45 carry Glock. I have decided on the 30S, but I want a Gen4 one. Has the Gen4 30S come out yet? I know the regular 30 is out now but what about the 30S??? Thanks.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Yes, it is available. Saw one at my LGS a couple of weeks ago. Great gun! Good luck
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I checked out a new 30S a couple weeks ago just to see how it felt in hand.

I'm not a Glock guy so I was somewhat indifferent, but to answer your question...yes, they're out.

Awesome, thanks everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JT353 View Post

I'm not a Glock guy so I was somewhat indifferent, but to answer your question...yes, they're out.
    Funny thing, I wasn't a Glock guy until I tried a Gen4 gun. That new slightly smaller grip made all the difference in the world. I own two Gen4 guns so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn77 View Post
    Funny thing, I wasn't a Glock guy until I tried a Gen4 gun. That new slightly smaller grip made all the difference in the world. I own two Gen4 guns so far...
    I've tried three different times to like Glocks and ended up selling them all off. If I were going to ever buy another one, I MIGHT...consider getting a 36. I don't dislike Glocks and won't bad mouth them...they just aren't for me.

Yes it is out, and I agree about only liking gen4 Glocks. My first gun was a G22gen4 and I have a G27gen4 now, although I have fairly large hands I actually like the small size backstrap, it just feels most comfortable to me when shooting.

When I first heard about the 30S, my thought was "why?", but then thinking about it, it really does make business sense. The 36 slide does fit the 30, but isn't completely reliable with the frankengun. Glock took the slimmer slide and put it on a double stack frame and is selling people a product made from parts they already produce, no expensive tooling to build.

As to the G36, I've seen one precisely once in person, oddly enough at a Bass Pro, I think that and the G24 are probably the least produced Glock models in the entire line.

I have the Glock-30SF and two Glock-36's, and I see no advantage to investing in the Glock-30S.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I'm not positive but I think the current G30s is actually a Gen 3 pistol built on the "30SF" frame. I have a friend that just purchased a 30s with a test fire date of 3/12/13 and it is most definitely not a Gen 4 pistol. It came with 2 magazines and does not have the changeable backstraps.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Does anyone know if the 30S will fit into the Glock 23 holster?

Distinguished Member
    I too tried to like Glocks and bought 7 of them in the last 3 years and none lasted longer than a few months. These days there are many more options for polymer guns that have better ergos and are thinner. As for Glock Perfection, I had a Gen3 and 4 bad out of the box. At one time they were probably much more reliable than what was out there but these days most manufacturers are putting out reliable gun. The M&P, XD, FNH, HK and Sig lines come to mind. However, I do recommend them to my new shooters as one of the options out there. I have nothing personal against them. They are just not my cup of tea.
    If everyone had the same opinion, there would be no reason to give one. It is a given that each opinion is believed to be correct. It would be silly to post something you believed to be incorrect. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    Does anyone know if the 30S will fit into the Glock 23 holster?
    Us, it will fit any Compact frame Glock holster.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Called Glock this morning, they said the G30S is not a “4th gen”, however, I watched some video's on YouTube of hickok45 disassembling a G30S and there was a Dual Recoil Spring in it....that’s good enough for me. That basically makes it a 4th gen hybrid without the fancy grip texture: Glock 30S - YouTube (about 4.5min into the video it gets taken apart) great video on the new G30S BTW.

Here is a pic I found online, showing a dual recoil spring:
    Glock30S2.jpg
    Glock30S.jpg
    ironmike86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    I'm not positive but I think the current G30s is actually a Gen 3 pistol built on the "30SF" frame. I have a friend that just purchased a 30s with a test fire date of 3/12/13 and it is most definitely not a Gen 4 pistol. It came with 2 magazines and does not have the changeable backstraps.
    Your right, the formula is: G36 Upper + G30SF Lower = G30S. The G30S comes with a Dual Recoil Spring too.

Links