Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my wife wanted a CC and I went over possible choices. She liked single stack and fell in love with a LC9. So, we ...

Thread: Ruger LC9

Ruger LC9

So my wife wanted a CC and I went over possible choices. She liked single stack and fell in love with a LC9. So, we got one. She took it to the range and said it functioned great. Then a couple days later she mentioned a few fte's. I took it to the range and put about 100 rounds through it (cheap blazerbrass) had 3 fte. So I cleaned the hell out of it and took it back 100 more rounds and 2 fte's (last two magazines) with white winchester box 115grain. Anyone else experience fte's. Also, is there a break in period. I plan to try some better ammo and see if that helps. Any advice?

2. Remove Ads

I've had no problems with mine. I'd shoot it some more and see if the problems diminish. If not, contact Ruger. Great customer service.

No issues here either w/ close to 1000 rounds through mine. You may be "limp wristing" seems like when there is a malfunction like that there is some user error. Call Ruger and tell them the issue, Great service, lifetime warranty and usually a fast turn around from all I have heard. sometimes they just come from the factory "LEMONY" and need that personal touch by a ruger gun smith to get everything fitted 100%. heard some people who almost want something to go wrong so they can have their pistol gone over w/ a fine tooth comb by a gunsmith. Keep us posted on anything you figure out

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    My wife's LC9 has been perfect so far.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by 40CalCenterMass View Post
    No issues here either w/ close to 1000 rounds through mine. You may be "limp wristing" seems like when there is a malfunction like that there is some user error. Call Ruger and tell them the issue, Great service, lifetime warranty and usually a fast turn around from all I have heard. sometimes they just come from the factory "LEMONY" and need that personal touch by a ruger gun smith to get everything fitted 100%. heard some people who almost want something to go wrong so they can have their pistol gone over w/ a fine tooth comb by a gunsmith. Keep us posted on anything you figure out
    Officially I thought Ruger came with no warranty but their customer service is like having one though. No problems with my LC9 with lasermax and 115g JHP.

My wife shots an LC9 and she has had NO issues. Your problem may be due to limp wristing the pistol. Her gun shots Blazer the best (most accurate) and Winchester WB next in line.

As far as break in, she has shot 700 rounds and the trigger has only got better and better. She cleans and lubes it after every range session. I would say stick with it and run a few more rounds through it , you will not be disappointed.

Had the same problems with my wife's LC9. Traded toward a Glock. No problems since!

Links