Sig 45acp?

This is a discussion on Sig 45acp? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking about future purchase Compact or SubCompact 45acp Semi Auto Pistol. Anyone here own / carry a Sig Compact or Subcompact 45?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sig 45acp?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Sig 45acp?

Thinking about future purchase Compact or SubCompact 45acp Semi Auto Pistol. Anyone here own / carry a Sig Compact or Subcompact 45?
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Are you talking about the 220 compact, or 250 compact/subcompact. I believe those are the only non-full size .45 options from Sig currently.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Bought an Ultra Nitron sub-compact a year ago and was well pleased with it.
    Just recently bought a Compact C3 that looks pretty good too.

Rilowe

I have a P220, real nice shooter and reliability has been 100% ... I don't carry it because it's a bit on the heavy side for me, but a very nice gun none the less.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

.45 compact Sig...

I have carried this Sig P245 sometimes, and it has all the usual Sig characteristics of accuracy and reliability in a .45 caliber gun. It is on the large size for a compact gun, but that makes it easier to shoot.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I have a P250 compact that I just traded for. I love it, can't say enough good things about it. My only gripe is the mags are a little on the expensive side, but what isn't these days?

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I have carried this Sig P245 sometimes, and it has all the usual Sig characteristics of accuracy and reliability in a .45 caliber gun. It is on the large size for a compact gun, but that makes it easier to shoot.

Very nice pistol. I bet that is a sweet shooter!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I carried the SIG P245 for about a year and it is a nice carry piece. Slightly larger than a Glock 19 in carry size.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Are you talking about the 220 compact, or 250 compact/subcompact. I believe those are the only non-full size .45 options from Sig currently.
    The 250.
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    The 250.
    My son has a P250 (full size) that he speaks highly of. It was a deployment commemorative. Has that long KelTec-y trigger pull, but it's smooth and predictable. I've shot it, I could definitely get used to it.

I don't own one but my boss has a Sig 1911 that's an Officer's Model size (7 round mag). I'd call that a compact but it's not a super chopped version. It's been money for him, completely reliable. The only time I've ever seen it hiccup at the range was when I gave him some cast SWC stuff. It didn't like that a bit, but neither did my FNP45 Tactical. With any other ammo it's been 100%.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I have a Sig 1911 Nitron Carry. It has the 4.25" barrel(Commander Size). Never had a failure with it and it's very accurate. Far more accurate than I can shoot.

I've got a .45 P250 Compact. It shoots really nicely. On my shortlist of new Sigs to buy is a .45 250SC.

9mm P250 SC has been my most common carry for a year plus and it shoots really nicely as well. Blockier than some (they do bevel, not melt the corners compared to the C and F), but not perceptably larger than Glock SCs. I love the DAO trigger, but many do not. Old version evidently had some problems, but the new one (and all .45s are new design) is reliable as rain and about as accurate as a 3" bbl carry pistol can be. One FTE my first day (I think it was user-induced), and nary a problem since with a thousand plus rounds of bulk 9mm and a couple hundred of HST.

Biggest issue is limited holster offerings, but that's getting better.

New from SIG for 2013: P227 Carry .45 ACP, 10+1 capacity...

227-Nitron-Carry-Detail-Hero.jpg

P227 Carry Nitron
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

I carried a Sig P220 Compact SAS gen2 for a time: super accurate, never a miscue in function, tight fit and finish....a bit bulky and heavy for carry, but not if you are an experienced pistolero with good holster and belt. Sold mine, in order to feed my revolver addiction.....but would buy another one in a second!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links