Barrel Recall Karh pm9

This is a discussion on Barrel Recall Karh pm9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My new toy. Traded it for my G27(hunky black box). Nite sights, good condition. Only needed a sight tapped left. I am amazed at this ...

Thread: Barrel Recall Karh pm9

Barrel Recall Karh pm9

My new toy. Traded it for my G27(hunky black box). Nite sights, good condition. Only needed a sight tapped left. I am amazed at this little things accuracy. Unbelievable for its size. I did some research because I couldn't get gold dots to feed. My barrel has been recalled by Kahr because of feeding problems. Serial # VA0003 thru VA9999. What a deal, a new barrel for my used Kahr! Has anyone gotten a new barrel from them? Are they different or do they just polish the ramp? Did a new barrel stop problems? Do tell...
    Attached Images
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I have the same gun, and the recall has been out for some time. Mine never had a problem, so I never sent it in. From what I understand, you send your old one in, they send you a polished up one. I don't think there is any difference to structure, but I could be wrong on that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My PM9 was within the recall, which was well over a year ago. I never had any problems with mine but I sent it in anyway. As best I can tell, they polished the original barrel. I don't think it was an integrity problem with the barrel as much as it was a refinishing problem. I sent mine in on a Monday (overnight air) and had it back by that Friday. I have never been anything but pleased with my PM9 since I bought it. IIRC I think that they repolished the feed ramp.
    If we treat every gun as if it was loaded, then why not treat every individual as if they are armed.

Is this recall for the PM9 only? I bought a used K9 and it also has problems feeding Gold Dots. I tried Hydroshocks and Corbons and thsy were fine. I settled on the Federal EFMJ as it fed very well and expands.

Ed
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

you can look it up from a search engine, I think it covered several models.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    The Recall ( if i recall correctly ) covered a multitude of kahr sins , including a " soft " lot of barrells that would peen on the hood engagement usualy by about 4 to 500 rounds they would have a noticable lip where the barrell locks into the slide ( front of the barrell hood engagement ) as well as some that just needed polished . So i would say look closely at your pm to insure no peening , and keep an eye on it if it shows ok now , once you make it past a known 500 rounds you should be fine . There wernt all that many soft barrells supplyed to kahr ( they dont make them in house ) but the shipment that came in just got dumped into the bins with other lots that were fine and assembled before the issue was known .

Hope that info helped a bit .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links