SIG 1911 Feedback

This is a discussion on SIG 1911 Feedback within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering who owns one and what they think of them. I just bought an RCS Nitron, haven't put enough rounds through it to have ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kmagnuss

Thread: SIG 1911 Feedback

SIG 1911 Feedback

Just wondering who owns one and what they think of them. I just bought an RCS Nitron, haven't put enough rounds through it to have a definitive opinion, but like what I've seen so far... Actually live it so far.

2. Remove Ads

I have one. It's my favorite pistol I own.

How many rounds have you put through it? Any malfunctions?

I bought mine on a whim, fell in love with it at the store.

Probably 7-800. Not a single problem. I run 230g +p gold dots normally. Didn't have any problems with Hornady TAP either, which jammed like crazy in a couple of my other 1911's.

I too have a question about Sig 1911's. I was told (maybe incorrectly) that they are not standard in their parts. In other words you cannot purchase Wilson combat or some other parts to "trick" them out. Is that true or not? I ask because I really do like what I see in the Sig 1911's.

Quote Originally Posted by Armydad View Post
    I too have a question about Sig 1911's. I was told (maybe incorrectly) that they are not standard in their parts. In other words you cannot purchase Wilson combat or some other parts to "trick" them out. Is that true or not? I ask because I really do like what I see in the Sig 1911's.
    Don't know about ALL of the parts, the only thing I know is "not standard" is the slide. The slide comes a little higher than most 1911s before following the curve of the barrel around, thus presenting a slightly more "squared" profile.

This caused me some grief when holstering my gun in a Milt Sparks holster made for a 4.25" 1911. I had to use some water and a plastic bag to "remold" the holster slightly for the flatter slide. Now it fits like a glove.

The Wilson Combat magazines fit the SIG without any problems, just received them though, and haven't had any range time with them. The stock mags are good though, I just wanted a "push pad" and an 8th round in the mag. The reviews I've read said that Wilson Combat mags functioned great in the Sig.

Sorry I couldn't help more, I'm not that smart and just getting into the 1911 cult. I'm sure you'll get a more cognitive answer from someone on this forum.

VIP Member
    I had a RCS several years ago. It functioned perfectly for me.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I had a RCS several years ago. It functioned perfectly for me.
    You no longer have it? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Armydad View Post
    I can definitively tell you is that the extractor is very different from "standard" 1911's. The sig has an external extractor. Other than that, not sure about other parts dropping in or not. I'd check in over at 1911forum.com and roll through the Sig page
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I forgot about the extractor, true statement above.

Links