Back to my PPK/S

This is a discussion on Back to my PPK/S within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found myself wanting to carry my 20-year old Interarms PPK/s...I know, I know...it's a .380 and it bites, and so on and so on. but ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Snub44

Thread: Back to my PPK/S

Back to my PPK/S

Found myself wanting to carry my 20-year old Interarms PPK/s...I know, I know...it's a .380 and it bites, and so on and so on. but I like that pistol! I find myself reaching for it amidst the Glocks and CZ and the Ruger and S&W J frames...and can't help it. I can shoot the crap out of it maybe is why? Cause I like the way it handles? So does anybody else much carry a PPK or PPK/S besides me lately? here's mine in its everyday casual apparel and in evening dress:
    Last edited by druryj; April 4th, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

2. Remove Ads

...I don't, but it's a sexy little beast...I had one almost 40 years ago and still wish I'd kept it...a bit mild in power, but feels great in the hand...till you pull the trigger...it's served cops all over Europe for decades...place your rounds and it'll get ya home most days...
    mook012 likes this.

Carry and shoot what you like the best and are comfortable with - nothing worse than carrying a weapon you don't care for. As for the PPK and the S - they are fine handguns, wish I still had mine. If it's your choice just smile and stick it in your holster.
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

My father used to carry one back in the 70's and has been again the past 5 years. The ppk is the original CCW gun IMO

I continue to hold one every time in go to the gun shop, just like the feel of
    the gun and mostly likely will purchase one some day even thou I do not
    like the 380.
    A few elitists shouldn't rule the many.
    Better to have a 380 in your pocket than a 45 at HOME.
    When seconds count, police are minutes away.

I used to have a PPK/s, and now have a Sig P232. I really liked the Walther, but love the Sig. The Sig is (almost) a clone of the PPK/s - a tad bigger & heavier, but otherwise a VERY similar design. It doesn't see much CC duty these days, since the CM9 and then the Shield came along, but it's still one fine piece of hardware.

Nothing in the world wrong with a PPK/s for CC if it suits you!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    Well it is a nice well made "metal" firearm. Full of features and shoots accurate. why not?
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I used to carry it AIWB. It's a great little gun. Some might say it's too heavy. But I like an all-metal gun and it feels secure and solid in your hand. Yes, the recoil is a bit sharp for a little .380 but it is accurate for its size. I regret having to sell it when I was in a pinch. I will have one in my possession in the future, preferably in SS.

Everyone's different........I started out carrying and shooting polymer pistols, but have migrated to all metal guns. Sure, polymer is lighter, but I like the way metal feels in my hand and the weight of metal guns makes them easier to shoot accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    My father used to carry one back in the 70's and has been again the past 5 years. The ppk is the original CCW gun IMO
    I like the PPK/S; no doubt, but I dunno about that...

Back to my PPK/S

I have a PPK, TPH, and PPK/S. I have carried them, but I do not feel any has a lot of stopping power. I carry a S & W Chief Special .45. with 185 grain hydra shok ammunition in it. I sometimes carry the PPK or TPH a backup. The Walther pistols feel great in your hand, and the design of them is sleek and modern looking. I love the three I have.

Links