got a SIG p938!

This is a discussion on got a SIG p938! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have wanted a 938 every since they came out but decided to wait because of all the problems. The wait is over now! My ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GeorgiaShooter

Thread: got a SIG p938!

got a SIG p938!

I have wanted a 938 every since they came out but decided to wait because of all the problems. The wait is over now! My buddy is the owner of a small gun shop and called me when he got one in the other day. I headed right up there and walked out with a new extreme model. I traded in my emp 40 and got the gun a old faithful holster and 500 rounds. I'm down to 100 rounds of fmj and have had 0 problems. My only complaint is the trigger is to heavy but its about to take a trip to the gun smith to fix that.

2. Remove Ads

Nice! I've never fired on but it's a sweet lookin' little gun.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Be careful the trigger breaks in very nicely on it's own. You dont want this one to be too light. That combat trigger might be a good idea to leave as-is but congrats. I shoot the crap out of mine every week, as much as ammo allows, I reload 9mm but primers are hard to come by. Do self a favor and search youtube for BRAIDS holsters, he has a channel and also an Ebay store. Handmade with extremely nice leather and surprisingly affordable as he seems to be making his name nationally but may have been doing this craft for a long time. His belt holster without the thumb break is surprisingly secure and fast, and it draws up to your waist high like a suction cup. I ended up buying the same holster for wife's P238 and also my LCR revolver and a Springfield XDs. If you want to see how it shoots over time, here's my uploads on the P938, I'm just a regular shooter, not a pro, so you can see this gun shoots much more like a larger gun. Especially in self defense scenarios.
    Georgia Shooter - YouTube

Again congrats! I think you'll be very happy. This model conceals amazingly well. I was able to buy an extra 7 round mag before the panic. I love having those two 7 round mags. Like owning a micro 1911. If you holster with your thumb over the hammer it really helps to keep it secure and in battery. This video in particular might be useful for new owners... The small firing pin spring may have issues with only one or two cheap bulk ammo brands like Monarch and S&B because of the extremely hard primers they use. Most issues people have with the P938 are owner induced. It has never even burped one single time with Hornady Critical Duty or the nicer carry ammos like Gold Dots. First mistake you'll make is cleaning too aggressively and pulling on that slide stop retainer clip-pin, dont bend that one or warp it, the cloth likes to catch it.
    Getting Very Familiar Sig P938 and it's operation - YouTube

Here's my little carry rig at about 5 oclock. You can literally lay on the sofa and take a nap with this on. Please note the wear, this is NOT a safe queen show and tell toy.

P.S. I'm shocked so many people don't stick with this trigger until it breaks in, it's perfect for real defense/combat purposes. This is not a range target pistol.... Go shoot a bodyguard 380 or an LCP before you have a trigger job, and let it break in.
    Last edited by GeorgiaShooter; April 5th, 2013 at 08:11 AM.
    Phaedrus and Philly Boy like this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06bruce View Post
    My only complaint is the trigger is to heavy but its about to take a trip to the gun smith to fix that.
    My wife has the same problem with her P238. Gunsmith didn't fix it. Still needs work. She fires all of my 9mm pistols, but avoids shooting her 238. I've fired over 1000 rounds through her 238 with no relief. I will find another gunsmith.

Thanks for the info GS I will run some more through it. I am just use to the trigger on that emp it was 4.5 lbs. My s&w shield also has a sweet trigger this one is hard to get use to. I have a xds but never did fall in love with it like I thought I would I will like the 9mm version more I think. That holster looks good but I like iwb carry. I need to find something that let's me carry appendix that's my favorite way to carry. Anyone have a good idea for a holster let me know.

Bruce he makes a version that converts from IWB to OWB.....FYI

Can't get over how much I love this little gun!

Saw one a while back myself with a CT laser on it. It just fell good in my hand. Little pricey for me right now but I do want one someday.

I want a CT for mine but am worried it will eat up to much of the grip. There ain't much there as it is.

Links