Glock 26 or MP.40C

Glock 26 or MP.40C

This is a discussion on Glock 26 or MP.40C within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need advice which one to purchase. I know this is not the same caliber but a friend is selling and have a choice to either ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glock 26 or MP.40C

Glock 26 or MP.40C

Need advice which one to purchase. I know this is not the same caliber but a friend is selling and have a choice to either the g26 gen3 or mp.40c he is selling for the same priceI had gripped both and both felt good. Pros and cons?

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    You probably can't make a bad choice here. I run a Glock 27 and a M&P 40 VTAC. Pick the one you like the best. You have to favor one over the other.....even if it's just a little bit.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I would pick the Glock 26. FWIW I've carried a Glock 27 for ~18yrs when they first came out. Finding I shoot better with the 45 and 9mm now. Old age I guess?? But if I were U I would shoot both of them then pick

I would buy the G26. I'm personally not a fan of .40's, especially in subcompacts. The 26 will be cheaper to shoot and more than likely easier to control for you.

I have a Glock 27, absolutely love that gun. Haven't really loved any Glock as much as this one.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    g26 very reliable and accurate, easy to shoot, and more of a variety of 9mm ammo and accessories to choose from.

But you can't go wrong with either one.

Shoot both and pick the one that feels best too you.

I'd go M&P40c simply for the fact that 40 ammo is easier to find than 9mm. If that is not the case where you live, the G26 is a good choice as well and slightly more concealable than the M&P.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

If the present "madness" re. guns and ammo continues, I'd go with the Glock. I say this because, in my LGS, there are plenty of Glock mags available; the other brands, not so much. But shoot the .40 cal. first, if you can, because .40 is not like shooting a 9mm! Good luck; both are great guns.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Get the Glock 26. I have a Glock 23 and 22 and the 26 is the most accurate of the three. I also love my XDs .45, but if I had to I've up all my guns and could keep just one, it would be my G26.

Good luck!

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    My EDC is the M&P 40c. Great gun. BTW, it is easily converted to 9mm (and .357 sig) with either an aftermarket or S&W barrel.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

My EDC is a G26 that I've owned for probably 15 years. Excellent gun that I've never had an issue with and very concealable.

Then M&Pc fit my hand much better than any Glock. And as far as accuracy goes it is as good as they get. However they both have their advantages (I think...). Find the one you like best and shoot best and go with it. Neither is a bad choice but for me it was the M&Pc hands down.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

buy both.....you will be happy.

Wow - it's kind of a wash between the two with respect to size & weigh isn't it. Moreover, because both fit your hand...

Both guns have good reputation's, but the Glock has a stronger product model history by far. The 26 has been around forever. And because of that history, that is where things change a bit. They both have aftermarkets, but Glock's aftermarket for accessory's is not only impressive, it's readily available. I mean, you can increase the Glocks firepower incredibly easily with a easy-to-get 33 round mag!

Of course if aftermarket "toys" are of no concern, then I guess the rail on the Smith is a wash too.

Ultimately I would pick the Glock.

Thank you guys for the input. Shot both of them today and I convince my friend or took backwoodz advice and i purchased both.
    drift and Backwoodz like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links