New summer carry: NAA Guardian .380

This is a discussion on New summer carry: NAA Guardian .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After going around and around trying to find a good holster for my Kahr CW9, I just went ahead and bought a new pocket carry ...

Thread: New summer carry: NAA Guardian .380

New summer carry: NAA Guardian .380

After going around and around trying to find a good holster for my Kahr CW9, I just went ahead and bought a new pocket carry gun. And since I have been wanting one for a long time, I bought me a NAA Guardian .380. I love the heavier weight of the Guardian over the Ruger LCP, which was my second choice. I am hoping the extra weight will aid in less recoil for the tiny gun. The only downside that is a deal breaker for some people is the really heavy trigger. I really don't mind that so much. To me, it doesn't feel all that different than a Smith & Wesson 642. And after a little polishing, it is super smooth.

I didn't like the extended magazine so I trimmed it off to a flat base plate, but that is just a personal preference for me. I really like all the personalizing you can do with it too. I plan on getting some wood grips and a slide that has the scalloped serrations on the front as well as the rear. Possibly having some night sights dovetailed in the slide as well. Some may think this gun is ugly, but I find it as sexy as a Walther PPK.

I will be making a trip to the range tomorrow morning for a test run and to see which HP ammo it prefers. Range report to come. And to find me a good holster for it other than the cheap Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the new .380, my wife would probably like that, too!

Right now she likes her KelTec .32...I'd like to move her up just a bit!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carried a KT P-32 for a while before the P-3AT came out. It has a good bit more recoil. That is why I like the heavier all metal pocket guns. It tames the recoil. Tell her she can get pink grips for the NAA...lol

Nice gun. I was considering it but eliminated it due to its weight. I already have a Sig P238 and wanted smaller not as lightweight as an LCP, having owned and disliked two of them. I ended up ordering a Micro Desert Eagle due to its small size and large trigger guard which I find that I need. The heavy trigger will not bother me as I am a 40+ year revolver shooter who puts 8 lb. triggers in his Glocks which is the same weight as the MDE has. Just wanted a very short gun for pants with smaller pockets than I normally wear and also for bicycle riding, hiding in small spaces and bags, etc.. I have mostly pocket guns because I can carry two or more of them and they hide well in so many places if you are creative. That soda cup I am holding may have a gun in it instead of soda. My eyeglass case holds a gun. The tissue box in my car holds a gun. The folds of my handkerchief hold a gun. So many places and too few guns. :)
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.
    The Old Gunhand - gun news all in one place.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Both recoil and trigger pull on the MDE are not what you would expect.

Mine was a great shooter but I decided to move away from .380s so I sold my MDE and LCP.

There are good grips and holsters for the MDE these days.

I hope the poster's NAA runs well for him as it's a bigger copy of the Czech CZ45 I believe.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!
    The year is young and another World Series championship awaits!

Its more a cheaper copy of the Seecamp. I have no idea anyone would pay around $1,000 for a tiny pocket pistol. NAA answered that with the Guardian. I have been having people on other forums just blast me for getting it. They keep saying how I won't like the heavy weight in my pocket and that the sights are crap. I bought it for the heavy weight and if anyone buys a mousegun for target shooting or actually focuses on the sights when a threat is within a few yards, they need to do a little more research. It is a self defense tool to be used as a last ditch effort to stay alive. It is a gun you carry when you can't carry anything else. If I am not at work, I carry a full sized Glock 19. But until I am in a position where I am limited to a mousegun, I will happily carry my sexy little Guardian.

I have a .32 acp Guardian that is one of my most used EDC guns. The Guardian's weight, and the long, heavy DAO trigger gives me a high comfort level. I really don't like the striker (Kahr) or pseudo-hammer (Kel-Tec) guns that have a "quick release" trigger. One of these days, I am sure a .380 Guardian will also find a home in my stable...

Links