Can a man carry this firearm?

This is a discussion on Can a man carry this firearm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife got testy with me after I spent a lot of green on the Kimber Ultra I just bought. She said "oh, you'll spend ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Can a man carry this firearm?

My wife got testy with me after I spent a lot of green on the Kimber Ultra I just bought. She said "oh, you'll spend $900 on a Kimber but I have to carry a Rossi revolver?" "Just goes to show you how much you think of me" and so forth. Once she began sighting dumb things I did over 10 years ago I knew I had to make amends and like real fast.

She always wanted the "Rainbow gun" (sig p238 in rainbow titanium) we saw at the LGS. So I actually found one on Armslist, Brand new, never fired, and bought it this morning. I got a steal on it (I think) at $600 and a box of .40 S&W rounds.

I gotta say, this would be an ideal gun for those workdays I have to go to the office and need a deep concealment gun. I love the ergos (since I am a 1911 man at heart) and the controls. So the question becomes, what will people think of me if I accidentally flash my weapon. Will they think I am.....ya know......not a man so to speak......

Would any of you burly men carry this thing?
    Attached Images
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

OK, so let me see if I got this right. You buy her a new gun and before it has the new off of it, you are trying to steal it from her and deep conceal it at work? What is she supposed to carry when you are carrying the "rainbow", her "old" Rossi?

For some reason, I don't think this is working out quite the way she had it planned. Or were you planning to trade your new Kimber for her "rainbow"? Didn't think so.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

It wouldn't be my first choice but I'm not too concerned about what a dirtbag thinks of my gun other that ohhhh %*#$@!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I wouldn't have a problem carrying it. The OP might, since his wife was already testy with him. She would probably say, "I see, you didnt buy the gun for me, you bought it for yourself and I'm still stuck with this Rossi revolver".
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I am a little curious why you are already stealing your wife's new gun. And also why it came with a box of .40 S&W.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I wouldn't have one problem carrying that rainbow gun.

Why couldn't a man (who didnt buy it for his wife) carry it?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

However you doing so could be bad for your health.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Friends dont let friends carry mouse guns. Or rossi revolvers, shame on you....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Depends... What color is your purse?

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    You could but seeing how you bought it for your wife I think it would be a bad idea. Very bad
    Paymeister and Kavalander like this.

No one is going to see it except the dirtbag who attempts to harm you, and his opinion will be a limited one.
    Alex_C, Taurahe, msgt/ret and 6 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Concealed means concealed.

If you carry, never tell.
    ironmike86 and TailRunner like this.

Nobody is going to see it, who cares? Could be a pink Hello Kitty gun for all it matters. Aesthetics mean jack if you ever have to use it for self defense.

That said, if your wife wanted it and you bought it for her, why isn't she getting it? Get a small gun for your pocket down the road if you see a need for it. Let her have her pistol.

Step away from the backhoe. The hole keeps getting deeper!
    Taurahe, Remy, Phaedrus and 10 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I care less about what it looks like as long as it is concealable, accurate, reliable and has the punch to stop the bad guy.
    Taurahe, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links