Picked up something a little bit different today

This is a discussion on Picked up something a little bit different today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have not fired it yet, but from reports from other who have and the Trijicon that was on my shotgun mounted here....it should be fun....

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By imthduke
  • 1 Post By imthduke

Thread: Picked up something a little bit different today

Have not fired it yet, but from reports from other who have and the Trijicon that was on my shotgun mounted here....it should be fun.

JD, OD*, QKShooter and 1 others like this.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

That would play with holster makers minds.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

No holstering required....goin go for a range and home defense weapon.
    Kennydale likes this.
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Nice! I'm thinking of getting one for my FNP45 Tactical. I hope you check back in and let us know how it works for you once you've had a chance to put some rounds downrange with it.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Sponsor
    I love the idea but in the little time that I have actually put in on the range with one, I found that I was distracted by the frame of the holo. I'm sure that I could train my eye to ignore it but I had real issues with target acquisition because my eye was draw to the square frame. I'm not sure why I have this with the hand gun but not on my long sticks. I run RDS on all of my ARs and do not experience this with them.

BTW. Nice pistol! Is that one of the S&W CORE offerings or a custom piece?
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Looks very good!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

CORE

OD*
    Neat pistol, in a different kinda way.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Very cool, looking forward to your range report. I run an RMR02 on my FNP45T and I'm very pleased with it. It did take a fair amount of practice as I had to change my presentation to make getting the dot into my line of sight more consistent. The thing to remember is to treat it like a red dot on a long gun and focus on the target rather than the dot/sight superimposing the dot on the target. Once you get that down it starts getting easier fast. Also, if you cowitness the dot with your sights that helps a lot too, line the sights up and the dot is right there.

I think that these new S&Ws, along with the FNs and the popularity of the guns from Suarez and Bowie, are proof of the growing popularity of mini red dots on handguns and their acceptance as viable sighting options for self defense oriented handguns.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Nice looking pistol...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Luvmy40 I had the same problem with a eotech on my ar switched to trijicon big eye better for me

Sponsored Links