Almost had my shield

Almost had my shield

This is a discussion on Almost had my shield within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks to a previous post, I ordered a Shield 9mm from kittery trading post. Had it shipped to Cabelas in CT. I go to pick ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Almost had my shield

Almost had my shield

Thanks to a previous post, I ordered a Shield 9mm from kittery trading post. Had it shipped to Cabelas in CT. I go to pick it up today only to find out from the salesman they are not sure they can give me the gun. He said that the 8 round clip may be considered an extended mag. That's not the way I read the law. The law says that an extended mag cannot extend beyond the end of the grip, AND hold no more than 10 rounds. I'm like *** here. I'm new to all this so to say i'm pissed is an understatement. Cabelas is having their ATF attorney look into whether they can give me the gun. And thanks to the person who posted the link to KTP.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Buy an XDS or move from that state. I am relly sorry to hear what happend there. Remember to vote them out !! or it is only going to get worst.

VIP Member
    I feel for you. Hopefully this will not be the norm in all the states soon.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    Buy an XDS or move from that state. I am relly sorry to hear what happend there. Remember to vote them out !! or it is only going to get worst.
    I'd say buy an XD-S and move from that state.
    robmar likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I would be a tad bit ill.These lawmakers are trying to grandstand so hard,they don't care.Pass laws that makes them look good for now.i guess they will go back over what they passed,once the dust settles.Kinda like what the governor of N.Y.,admitted doing.Signing bills,without even reading them,first.No one knows,what's going on,doing that.

Tell them to keep the magazine, and you get the rest. Buy another magazine later.
    bigsky109 likes this.

VIP Member
    Make 2014 a "2A Revolution", that'll fix that mag problem. The only thing is we can't sit back and wait for it to happen WE have to make it happen.
    zonker1986 and gottabkiddin like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sebring View Post
    Tell them to keep the magazine, and you get the rest. Buy another magazine later.
    I asked them if I could buy it with just the 7 round mag. Still waiting to hear from them. They should know in a day or two. I'm gonna check some other LGS to see how they are interpreting the law and see if I can have it sent to one of their stores.

Can I call dibs on that orphan 8 rounder? :)

I hope you get to keep it, as the grip is much more comfortable with the larger magazine.

What a shame. Funny thing is, the laws do NOTHING to prevent another Newtown. But they dang sure lay the foundation for gun grabs and worse.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Distinguished Member
    When NJ passed a law limiting handgun purchases to one a month I voted with my feet and moved to Florida. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Heck, I could not even order NJ legal magazines online because some townships had their own laws and no one wanted to deal with that. Now I live in a place shaped like a gun where I can see ads in newspapers advertising guns and billboards on highways saying , Guns, Guns, Guns, next exit. :) One of the good things about our form of government is that fact that we have both Federal and State laws which allow me to move from a State who has laws I disagree with to another that had laws more to my liking. I have done this about 9 times now because what is gun friendly today can change in a short period of time. There are good jobs most places for those with good skills and family is either a car or plane ride away. Schools are great in many places and contrary to what many think, many kids like moving to a nicer place with new and modern schools and no standing at a bus stop in the snow in the winter. They like being able to swim in their own pool year round. Anyway, it has been a very good life for my family and as a result of all our moving we have friends all over the United States. Sometimes we even end up moving near each other as we call ourselves gypsies who are not afraid of change and enjoy starting a new life in new places. When you relocate it is like starting a new life with new and exciting places to visit and new friends to make. Not for everyone though but I would not put up with what is going on up North and would be out of there in a heart beat.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

We shouldn't have to move to appease someone that has a warped sense of security. I would work on getting a hold of a Second Amendment legal group. Bet there is a class action case against the state brewing up somewhere.
    WE THE PEOPLE created the federal government. It is our “creature” as stated by Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson.
    Our “creature”, can lawfully do only what WE authorized it to do in our Constitution. WE did not give our “creature” power to control medical care or our guns. - Publius-Huldah

well, that sucks.

I was in a good store a couple of weeks ago talking to a couple of New Yuckers "down on vacation", that were looking for Glock 10 round mags....that they can only
    put 7 rounds in legally. I asked them why they put up with that B.S, and they looked at me and said, "Well, there is no place like New York". I just smirked, and said...."Yes, thank God." That ended the conversation quickly.

the absolute worst part of living in Florida.....is the upper East Coasters that think Columbus sailed and fell off the edge of the earth just south of Virginia.
    Expand your horizons....create an adventure for yourself and your family, and get the crap out of Connecticut. The Earth will NOT jump off its axis if you do.

I recommend any State except:
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    New York
    New Jersey
    Illinois
    California
    Hawaii
    Highly recommend:
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Florida
    Montana
    Georgia
    .....there are others, but I know freedom still exists in these specific states. If I did not list your state, I apologize. Add it and explain why.
    smolck likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim2525 View Post
    Thanks to a previous post, I ordered a Shield 9mm from kittery trading post. Had it shipped to Cabelas in CT. I go to pick it up today only to find out from the salesman they are not sure they can give me the gun. He said that the 8 round clip may be considered an extended mag. That's not the way I read the law. The law says that an extended mag cannot extend beyond the end of the grip, AND hold no more than 10 rounds. I'm like *** here. I'm new to all this so to say i'm pissed is an understatement. Cabelas is having their ATF attorney look into whether they can give me the gun. And thanks to the person who posted the link to KTP.
    You can take off the extension sleeve on the 8 round magazine... Or have Cabelas keep the 8 round magazine.....
    You might have been better off having shipped to a gun store or someone with an FFL. Big box store employees can be misinformed on the law.

While I do not really know but my take on the law is to prevent say 30 round magazines.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Im curious to see what Gander Mnt says and if the OP gets his gun. I wonder if they realize that even when a law passes state legislature and is signed into law it usually takes 90 days for the law to take affect.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links