Glock 30S Range Report

Glock 30S Range Report

This is a discussion on Glock 30S Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've put 200rnds through my new Glock 30S so far and I am extremely happy with the gun! I off duty carried a Glock 30SF ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Glock 30S Range Report

Glock 30S Range Report

I've put 200rnds through my new Glock 30S so far and I am extremely happy with the gun! I off duty carried a Glock 30SF for 5 years with complete success, but the 30S will now fill in for that roll.

I ordered the 30S a bit skeptical that the design changes would be worth a switch from the 30SF. I found there is a huge difference in size, weight, presentation feel, and felt recoil. The 30SF looks and feels like a brick to me now. Recoil feels different, more like a 40 cal with a quicker snappier feel. This might be due to the Gen 4 recoil assembly in the 30S whereas the 30SF has what looks to be a predecessor to the Gen 4 assembly. I noticed I was getting back on target quicker with the 30S as I shot the two side by side. (A few rounds with each and switching back and forth)

My leather Kirkpatrick Reserve OWB holster doesn't fit the 30S as tight as the 30SF, so I have a new holster enroute. There are plenty of comparison pics between the two models so I won't post any here. If one is on the fence like I was about making a switch I highly recommend it!
    Last edited by CornstalkCop; April 10th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    - You never need a gun until you need one very badly.

- Running is for people who don't have ammo.

I would love to buy one of these but they are just NOT available whatsoever here. Do you mind posting some comparison photos? Im sure there are plenty of people who would love to see em !

Congrats on your new Glock.
    Already having a Glock-30SF and two Glock-36's, I just can't see myself investing in the 30S...that's just me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on the new gun.
    I have been looking for one of these for months. I can't even find any blue labels around here let alone a G30s.
    Grats again.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

I got mine from Ray O'herron Lombard store. Blue label.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Congrats on the new G30s. Friend of mine just bought a new blue label 30s and I was surprised at the size difference between it and the Gen 4 G30.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Got a 30sf and as you said, that little added weight gets you back on target a smidgeon faster.......I like my BRICK and 10+1 rounds of 45acp is some Serious Business.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Got a 30sf and as you said, that little added weight gets you back on target a smidgeon faster.......I like my BRICK and 10+1 rounds of 45acp is some Serious Business.
    I meant to type I get back on target faster with the 30S. I made the edit to reflect. The frame is the same capacity on the 30S, just the slide differences. I've always wondered why Glock made the 45s so big considering the 45 ACP is a lower pressure round than the 9mm and 40. The G30SF is a great pistol, but this 30S just makes it damn near perfect.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Thank you for the report. I was interested from the very first time that I heard of it. I have been looking for one since then but , nothing. I will keep looking for sure now.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

guys have been shooting the G30 with a G36 slide for years. How is the G30S different?
    Agree that the thinner slide would definitely make the G30S easier to carry than the G30.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    guys have been shooting the G30 with a G36 slide for years. How is the G30S different?
    Agree that the thinner slide would definitely make the G30S easier to carry than the G30.
    Looks like Glock must have listened to the consumer for a change/
    ironmike86 and CornstalkCop like this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Cool. I checked the website the other day and didn't see it listed. I am closer to the danville office when I get to feeling better I will try to get over there.
    Thanks

Well....I would think the little bit of added wt. of the 30sf would help keep the muzzle down ........30s has got to have a little more whip to it's recoil.....Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by FLMOPE View Post
    Cool. I checked the website the other day and didn't see it listed. I am closer to the danville office when I get to feeling better I will try to get over there.
    Thanks
    wow. That brings back memories. I used to do a lot of work in Danville, and spent a lot of time in the Danville store.
    Back then, there was only ONE store in Danville. O' Herrons is where I picked up my Second Gen G17, Smith & Wesson 910,
    Smith & Wesson Model 19.....didn't pay over $250 for any of the three....but it was a while ago. All were Danville PD or Vermillion
    County Sheriffs trade-ins.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

When I worked ATM maint. I use to get over at least once a week. Nowdays not so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links