S&w 60 ;)

This is a discussion on S&w 60 ;) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm really considering purchasing a S&W 60 for the spring & the upcoming summer conditions, what do you guys think about it? o btw it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: S&w 60 ;)

S&w 60 ;)

I'm really considering purchasing a S&W 60 for the spring & the upcoming summer conditions, what do you guys think about it? o btw it's for CC :p

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Is it a .38 model or a .357 model 60? Either is an excellent weapon.

The .38 model 60 is a bit smaller than the .357, and can be "pocket carried." Personally I think the .357 model 60 is just a smidge large for pocket carry. But either will carry very comfortably IWB or OWB. For IWB I use either a Galco Royal Guard or a Remora holster. For OWB I use a Galco concealable belt holster.

I only carry .38's in my model 60 (or 640, which is an internal hammer version j frame). I also use boot grips on the 60 to make it more concealable.

The trigger can be a bit stout - most small revolvers have a stout triggger, though. This can be easily remedied by swapping out the stock rebound slide spring with a 13 pound Wolff spring. The swap is not necessary, but it did help improve my point shooting.

Bottom line - the model 60 is a time proven weapon and if you like small revolvers you will not be disappointed.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I think it is a fine choice for summer carry.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

The modern model 60's are chamber in .357mag that's the one I'm going for I like the versatility of the cals. & the ability to use DA/SA :)

I haven't seen any around in the local gun shops here :( hopefully I'll come across one.

Your singing my song. image.jpg this my 60 all prettied up including getting rid of the internal lock
    Nmuskier and bigmacque like this.

I have had a 60 in .357 for many years. It is a snub nose with a magna ported barrel. All I can say is that if I ever had to shoot at someone, the muzzle blast and noise would scare them to death if I missed!!!

Mine is to big to pocket carry, unless I wore cargo pants. Good solid gun, but the heavy trigger pull makes me cringe when I shoot follow up shots.

I equate shooting this gun to eating your favorite food that you stomach can't handle!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSilverT View Post
    I have had a 60 in .357 for many years. It is a snub nose with a magna ported barrel. All I can say is that if I ever had to shoot at someone, the muzzle blast and noise would scare them to death if I missed!!!

Mine is to big to pocket carry, unless I wore cargo pants. Good solid gun, but the heavy trigger pull makes me cringe when I shoot follow up shots.

I equate shooting this gun to eating your favorite food that you stomach can't handle!!
    I have a thread about changing the springs - makes a huge difference if you just put in a 13 rebound spring - and it's surprisingly easy with the right tool....
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

a model 60 and/or model 36 make for good carry any time. if you can find a bobbed hammer or make one yourself even better.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    Donít carry it often but a 38SPL Model 60 does work well for pocket carry.

M-60R.JPG M-60L.JPG
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Love my fathers old model 60 I wouldn't hesitate on buying one....357mag would be nice also

I carry a MOD 60 357 more than anything else. This what I use for IWB FIST, INC..
    This what I use for OWB FIST, INC.. With the 2.25 inch barrel I get a tad over 1500 fps, so don't let folks tell you that you lose all the advantage of 357 mag with a snub nose. The factory grip makes shooting 357 mag a breeze.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Your singing my song. image.jpg this my 60 all prettied up including getting rid of the internal lock
    My goodness that's pretty. I have a 65 and a 66 that I dearly love, but even with the custom grips on the 66 it doesn't look as nice as this one.
    I'd carry that just to keep something pretty next to me all the time.
    Haystacker likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

...had a 2" 60 in .38 wayback...Packy Compac grips made it easy to shoot and carry...
    ...have a 649 now...stainless humpback .38...same size...good money well spent for any all-steel model or stainless...

VIP Member
    Good revolver, solid choice. Personally, I would and do carry an Airweight instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links