A little custom work on my Guardian

This is a discussion on A little custom work on my Guardian within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have heard a lot of folks talk about how the sights on the NAA Guardian are pointless. While they are rather accurate, they are ...

I have heard a lot of folks talk about how the sights on the NAA Guardian are pointless. While they are rather accurate, they are difficult to acquire quickly in a panic. Since I generally don't look at my sights in a defensice shooting situation, I look at my target, I decided to do a modification that NAA offers on some custom pieces. I removed the sights completely. I also took the time to polish the whole slide. Now, I really love it! Its unique and sexy! Almost has a naked appeal to it. Next week I will order the Cocobolo wood grips. I know some of you will not share in my joy on this project, but I thought I would post it for those who might. So enjoy.

cool looking little gun!

Hmmmm.....I own one of these knucklebusters too and I have never been overly impressed with it.....that being said, this little mouse doesn't need sights..IMO...as it is truly a belly gun to be used up close and personal under 10'0.....point and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Hmmmm.....I own one of these knucklebusters too and I have never been overly impressed with it.....that being said, this little mouse doesn't need sights..IMO...as it is truly a belly gun to be used up close and personal under 10'0.....point and shoot.
    Exactly why I felt the sights weren't needed and were just something to snag on. I giggle when I hear people say that they are not accurate when they are shooting at a 25 yards. I set up my targets at no more than 7 yards, 21 feet with these little mouseguns.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Folks sell these "mouseguns" (and themselves) short. Under 10 feet? Not hardly. I can empty one magazine after another into one ragged hole with my little LCP at 7-10 yards - no problem at all. As I have related before, I out-shot all the other students at a low light class with my LCP - and that was while holding a flashlight in my support hand.

These little guns are surprisingly accurate. And they seem to be more accurate while firing quickly, rather than trying to be deliberate with them, like you might try doing with a target pistol.

I would never dream of filing the sights off, because I know from experience that you can indeed make hits at range with these guns - if you take the time to train in the fundamentals, and take the time to master them.

Just seems to me that you are limiting yourself by removing the sights. But hey - it's your choice.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If you like it, what difference does it make to anyone else? Looks good to me though.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am not saying that it is not capable of a long shot, but the gun is not "designed" for it. It even states that in the manual. These are underpowered cartridges that distance will only under power even more. I can achieve 5 inch groups at 25 yards with my old Kel-Tec P-3AT. But with why i carry it, I will never have a situation to shoot that far. I carry it at work. Outside of work I have Glock 19. I also don't use my sights because it takes too long. By teaching of the Book of Five Rings, Musashi teaches to eliminate all unnecessary movement. This is the same reason I don't like manual safeties. This gun is perfect for me for my intended uses.

Links