Any info on the sar b6p, 9mm?

This is a discussion on Any info on the sar b6p, 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've read a few articles on the above and they all sound like one can't go wrong with this gun. Produced in Turkey for their ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By attrapereves

Thread: Any info on the sar b6p, 9mm?

Any info on the sar b6p, 9mm?

I've read a few articles on the above and they all sound like one can't go wrong with this gun. Produced in Turkey for their military, SAR is also the third largest gun manufacturer in Europe. A knockoff of the CZ75, the price is usually close to $300. Anyone have experience with this gun? Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

NOBODY has info. on this gun? Come on guys/gals: someone must know something!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

there are several very positive reviews of the SAR B6P 9mm on youtube. Looks like a very nice gun for around $320 on Buds.
    Since its a CZ clone, it may accept regular CZ mags. Otherwise, extra mags may be an issue.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Grip feels great in terms of ergonomics and it has a pretty nice stock trigger setup. The only thing that bugs the crap out of me about them is that the slide actually goes down into the frame making it very hard to get a good grip on the slide when racking or press checking.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one as a range only gun, but I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying one because of the slide. But that's just my humble opinion of course.
    "Holy crap, what a turd that thing was. I love Ruger, but man, the first time I pulled the trigger I thought I was going to have a birthday before it broke. " - Yarg28

After looking up a few more reviews, I went to one of my gun guys and bought the SARK2P version which has the 16 rd. mag (only one!), Picatinny rail and rear sight adjustable for wind and elevation. Only $ 10 more than the B6P and, even at that, was just $ 330 OTD.
    Quite a deal I'd say! Thanks for the comments; really just wanted to hear if there were any big problems with this brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxfreak_24 View Post
    Grip feels great in terms of ergonomics and it has a pretty nice stock trigger setup. The only thing that bugs the crap out of me about them is that the slide actually goes down into the frame making it very hard to get a good grip on the slide when racking or press checking.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one as a range only gun, but I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying one because of the slide. But that's just my humble opinion of course.
    all CZ's are made that way.....slide is very "thin", but actually goes down into the frame. I shot a buddy's P-01 and was amazed out the slide....not much to grab onto.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Finally got to the range today and had a great time! No FTE, FTF or anything else. The SARK2P shot like a dream and, at 30 oz., recoil was more than manageable. Looks like I made a good decision on this one; time will tell how well it holds up, but it looks good right now. If you're looking for a 9mm, you owe it to yourself to look at a SAR.

I've got two pistols from SAR. The K2 in 45ACP and the ST-10 in 9mm. They are nice shooters and I would trust my life to them. The overall fit and finish isn't quite as nice as S&W, Glock, Beretta, Sig, etc, but it's great for the price. Trigger pull is great and mags are made by MecGar. What else could you ask for?
    Philly Boy likes this.

Links