Criminals and the Guns They Carry

This is a discussion on Criminals and the Guns They Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Interesting article: Criminals and the Guns They Carry | Active Response Training...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Criminals and the Guns They Carry

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Interesting read. Thanks for posting.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Good article.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Good read. Thanks for posting.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Good read

VIP Member
    The author of the article is a regular primary instructor at Tactical Defense Institute. I have had the pleasure of taking several classes from him. Instructors | Active Response Training
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

"I love my .38 snub, but it’s not the gun I want if I’m facing a bad guy with a 9mm Glock!"

This statement, found within the article, is not well thought out for it won't matter what sort of gun the bad guy has if I get a telling shot from my .38 in him first.

It's unintelligent to place so much value in the Glock which does not make either bad guys or good guys invincible. Much better to value presence of mind and shooting skills
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Good information, it just goes to show you aren't coming up against very smart criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    "I love my .38 snub, but it’s not the gun I want if I’m facing a bad guy with a 9mm Glock!"

This statement, found within the article, is not well thought out for it won't matter what sort of gun the bad guy has if I get a telling shot from my .38 in him first.

It's unintelligent to place so much value in the Glock which does not make either bad guys or good guys invincible. Much better to value presence of mind and shooting skills
    +1
    It doesn't much matter who is armed with what in a SD encounter ( assuming you are armed with a gun ). What matters is that you can shoot your adversary well ( badly ) enough to keep them from continuing their deadly attack on you. Arm yourself accordingly. Concentrate on the things you have some control over. You'll probably live longer that way.

VIP Member
    Thanks and I loved the stats listed in the story
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Good article. I'm just thankful that the criminals all get background checks before they obtain they're illegal guns. I feel so much safer.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I enjoyed that. Good article. Thanks! Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Good read.

I believe he is being missunderstood with his revolver comment. I take it as "he" does not feel he has sufficient enough training with his revolver to take down a perp with a 9mm. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he would be talking about everyone.

I could be wrong though...
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Its because .38 and other revolvers are outdated and criminals will just laugh if you shoot them with one. I'm joking ofcourse ( I'm a revolver fan). It was an interesting read anyhow.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post

You are right it does not make the bad guy invincible just because he has a glock 9mm just like it doesn't make a good guy if he does. That being said if it comes down to a self defense situation against someone with a semi auto 9mm pistol I would much rather have a semi auto pistol rather than a 38 special snubbie any day of the week. So their is some thought to this statement especially if there is more than one bad guy with 9mm glocks.
    Last edited by OD*; May 20th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links