FTF's with Bodyguard

FTF's with Bodyguard

This is a discussion on FTF's with Bodyguard within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I am new to guns and purchased a Bodyguard 380 and a Shield 9mm. Brought them both to the range today and I had ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Old_Dog

Thread: FTF's with Bodyguard

FTF's with Bodyguard

Well I am new to guns and purchased a Bodyguard 380 and a Shield 9mm. Brought them both to the range today and I had 8-10 ftf's with the bodyguard. One was back to back. I was like ***. Any previous problems with this gun or suggestions? The shield was flawless.

Both were new guns? Did you clean them before taking them to the range? The grease used for storage is usually thicker than the oil you would normally use on a gun. The smaller the gun, the more a problems it can cause.

Try different ammo

...any previous problems?

Google

...glad the Shield performed well...

Both were new guns. Cleaned them both before using them.

Selling a BG. Just bought a Sig P238. Much higher quality frame and slide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FTF, Failure to Feed, or Failure to Fire???
    Tony

Bodyguard is finicky with fmj one thing i noticed if at all hesitant when shooting tends to limp wrist if deliberate quick shots seems to run smooth. When i pull the trigger fast i can empty gun with o probs when i take my time i get fte every once an awhile. Pretty weird but enough to where its a no go for cc. I still have mine wont sell it to anybody would feel bad if anything happened.

Mine feeds fine, but started dropping mags after a shot or two. Got on here to ask about it.
    "As the economy gets weak, the dollar loses value. Invest in precious metals." I'm investing in lead.

Distinguished Member
    Sorry to say that most malfunctions with small pocket guns is due to the shooter. Even I have problems with small guns and have to concentrate on gripping them firmly due to not being able to get a good grip on one with my hands.

After 4 decades of shooting all over the U.S., one thing I learned is that some people seemed to have problems with a lot of guns they bought while others did not. I am often handed a gun at the range that jams or has "crooked" sights only to have it be flawless in my hands. When I hand it back I get puzzled looks and I tell them that there is nothing wrong with the gun but they do not believe me because they have shot a lot of guns and know that they are gripping it right. So send it back for repairs if that is what you think I say and walk away. I can make any of my small guns jam by just relaxing my grip a little. Some think it is just holding the grip firmly but it is also holding your wrist in place so that the gun stands still and allows the frame to go back without the gun moving with it. Even if the gun moves a little with these very short slide guns, you will end up with a jam. The lighter and smaller the gun, the more it needs a firm support.
    Lnafree and sdcromer like this.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Sponsored Links