Just Picked Up A Springfield XD9(Pic)

This is a discussion on Just Picked Up A Springfield XD9(Pic) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Weapon made in Croatia Belt holster, belt magazine pouch and magazine loader made in Israel Weighs 2 pounds with 16 rounds...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wishyouwell

Thread: Just Picked Up A Springfield XD9(Pic)

Just Picked Up A Springfield XD9(Pic)

Weapon made in Croatia

Belt holster, belt magazine pouch and magazine loader made in Israel

Weighs 2 pounds with 16 rounds

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    You're gonna love it. Had an XD-9 years back... Ended up having to sell for financial reasons.

When the time came again to buy a new weapon for CC i mulled over a bunch of different ones... Glock, SP2022, etc. None really had the feel and look of the XD. Not to mention i just shoot the XD better. And i ended up going with the slightly bigger brother in the XD-40

Ran everything under the sun through the XD-9 and now i'm about 500 rounds into the XD-40... Probably would be a LOT more but as you know the ammo scare has taken it's toll on the unprepared... Anyway, i've never had so much as a slide fail to lock back with either of them.

My uncle has an XD-9SC with an insane amount of rounds ran through and has NEVER cleaned it. He says he will clean it the first time it malfunctions... Not that i would advise that, but you get the picture. I would put it's reliability right with a Glock or any other polymer pistol made.

That's just my opinion, of course. Now you need to get some Talon grips to put on that bad boy it really makes the gun ;)

Here's mine:

Philly Boy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    You're gonna love it. Had an XD-9 years back... Ended up having to sell for financial reasons.

When the time came again to buy a new weapon for CC i mulled over a bunch of different ones... Glock, SP2022, etc. None really had the feel and look of the XD. Not to mention i just shoot the XD better. And i ended up going with the slightly bigger brother in the XD-40

Ran everything under the sun through the XD-9 and now i'm about 500 rounds into the XD-40... Probably would be a LOT more but as you know the ammo scare has taken it's toll on the unprepared... Anyway, i've never had so much as a slide fail to lock back with either of them.

My uncle has an XD-9SC with an insane amount of rounds ran through and has NEVER cleaned it. He says he will clean it the first time it malfunctions... Not that i would advise that, but you get the picture. I would put it's reliability right with a Glock or any other polymer pistol made.

That's just my opinion, of course. Now you need to get some Talon grips to put on that bad boy it really makes the gun ;)
    Yes, I've heard they are very reliable that's one reason I bought mine........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Congrats on the new pistol!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

GH
    Congratulations on the new XD9, Crowman! Now the hard part comes - finding enough ammo to run a good break-in/test on it.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Congratulations on the new XD9, Crowman! Now the hard part comes - finding enough ammo to run a good break-in/test on it.
    Ain't that the truth..... Found 2 boxes of 50 @ $40.00 a box......

Links