Anyone here have the trinity (full size/compact/subcompact)?

This is a discussion on Anyone here have the trinity (full size/compact/subcompact)? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just finished building my Glock .40 trinity last week when I added the G27 to my stable. I like that I can reuse holsters ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Anyone here have the trinity (full size/compact/subcompact)?

Anyone here have the trinity (full size/compact/subcompact)?

I just finished building my Glock .40 trinity last week when I added the G27 to my stable. I like that I can reuse holsters and vary the gun size depending on the situation and my mode of dress while keeping the same manual of arms.

Anyone else doing this with Glocks or Springers or any other brand of guns?

2. Remove Ads

Yep, 9mm Glocks. 17 for HD/some carry. 19 is primary carry. 26 is my summer gun that I go to if the 19 prints too bad under a tshirt. I want to add a G34 to the list as well but other things are higher on my list since it would basically fill the same role as my G17. Like you said, using the same holsters is great and makes switching guns to fit the situation easy. Also nice that my spare mags can be used in any of them so I don't have to worry about changing them out if I swap guns. My standard spare mags are G17 mags with +2 extension and 11 coil spring. A 19 round reload ensures that I never feel under gunned when I carry the 26.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    Yep, 9mm Glocks. 17 for HD/some carry. 19 is primary carry. 26 is my summer gun that I go to if the 19 prints too bad under a tshirt. I want to add a G34 to the list as well but other things are higher on my list since it would basically fill the same role as my G17. Like you said, using the same holsters is great and makes switching guns to fit the situation easy. Also nice that my spare mags can be used in any of them so I don't have to worry about changing them out if I swap guns. My standard spare mags are G17 mags with +2 extension and 11 coil spring. A 19 round reload ensures that I never feel under gunned when I carry the 26.
    I forgot to mention mag swapping but that is a big bonus for the smaller guns. I have 3 mags for the G22 & G23 but only two for the G27 as like you I carry the lager mags as spares.

The 22 is FDE and the 23 is Gen4.

VIP Member
    I need a full size CZ to fill mine out. I have the P-01, P-07 and RAMI, just need to decide if I want to get the 75B or a P-09.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm working on the Blessed Trinty, Colt Gov Model, Colt Cmndr, and Colt LW Gov.
    msgt/ret, OD*, mkh and 1 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

A disciple of John M. Browning I see.

I can only aspire to children of a lesser god.

Smith & Wesson J-Frames, K-Frames, and N-Frames.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I have the trinity, G27 with a .357sig barrel, 9mm conversion and 9mm mags.
    I also have the G23 with a .357 sig barrel, 9mm conversion and 9mm mags.
    I also have the G22 with a .357sig barrel, 9mm conversion and 9mm mags.

Essentially, I have the G26,19,17,27,23,22,33,32,31. I just don't have them at the same time.

I also own a G30SF with 10mm conversion and 10mm mags giving me the G29SF along with the G30SF.
    I will post the pics that I have later when I get home. I don't know if I have pics of everything but I will post what I have.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    A disciple of John M. Browning I see.

I can only aspire to children of a lesser god.

Smith & Wesson J-Frames, K-Frames, and N-Frames.
    Already there, but its a quad. Got the "I" frame in the niffty little 32s&w hand ejector.
    bmcgilvray and SWIll like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Yup
    Model 60, Model 15, Model 25
    M-60R.JPG Mod15_R.JPG IMG_0707.JPG

Micro-Compact, Commander, Government Model
    IMG_0576.JPG SR1911CMD_L.JPG ColtDE_R.JPG
    glockman10mm, SWIll and OD* like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

MSG/ret: how do you like that SR1911 Commander? That is my next purchase once I have the funds.

AZJD1968: thats a great lineup you have. I've been thinking about adding the 9mm and .357 conversions but they are not an immediate need.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Already there, but its a quad. Got the "I" frame in the niffty little 32s&w hand ejector.
    Oh yeah. I got the I-Frame .32 covered as well. I'm headed out the door just now and ought to carry the little .32. Won't though as it's too easy to pocket carry the Detective Special for the way I'm dressed and for my chores about town.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    MSG/ret: how do you like that SR1911 Commander? That is my next purchase once I have the funds.

AZJD1968: thats a great lineup you have. I've been thinking about adding the 9mm and .357 conversions but they are not an immediate need.
    Haven’t had a chance to take it to the range yet but if it’s like it’s big brother SR1911 I will be quite happy.

IMG_0690.JPG
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    I understand. None of that was really a need for me either except for the first Glock which was the G22. After that it was all want and I got the rest as I could afford it. Took a while but I got there. The biggest problem is the ammo for all that.
    Having only one caliber is simple, but I like to have options.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I did with the Glocks. 31C, 23, 27. I had all three, and they were all 3 caliber capable 40, 357, 9mm. I discovered that he 31C was perfect for my hand, the 23 was so-so and the 27 with 23 mags and the grip enhancer/grip force was perfect. I found that the 27 and the 31C covered my needs and I never carried the 23 anymore so the 23 left to help fund the S&W 629 PC.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

I bought an M&P 9 a while back, then lucked out a few days later & found a Shield. Decided I needed to round out the "Trinity" with an M&P 9C a few months later. All great guns!

That was just before the heartbreaking boating accident.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links