Glock Trigger Guard Modification........

This is a discussion on Glock Trigger Guard Modification........ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was getting a finger pinch to my middle knuckle while shooting my Glock 30sf....seems the bump at the rear of the trigger guard was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Glock Trigger Guard Modification........

Glock Trigger Guard Modification........

I was getting a finger pinch to my middle knuckle while shooting my Glock 30sf....seems the bump at the rear of the trigger guard was rubbing my finger during fireing...so I investigated....saw a video by Hickok45 on Glock Modifications where he thought by sanding down the trigger guard at the bend that caused the bump was most advantageous and made more room for ease of the grip on the gun....I was hesitant to try this and alter the trigger guard but I figured maybe it will feel better.....I used some fine grit emery cloth and started sanding at that location...after about 15 min. I was finished and what a difference it made.....I love it and it feels great and allows me to gain a better grip in the gun......was wondering if anyone else has modified their Glocks in this way...?

2. Remove Ads

your titler initially made me go ***...but now I am tracking lol. glad it worked out for you, I heard of others doing the same thing.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Yep.

dan

brace yourself, tho, for those that will rail against altering "perfection".

Works for Kahrs as well.

Sure did. Glocks are not Perfection" but they do make a nice inexpensive tool.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Yea, I get "glock knuckle" too. I just am waiting until my 23 gets fubared being carried every day before I modify the frame to my liking. I want to take out the darn bumps on the front of the grip too.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

I had that gun but did not have that problem. However I do have a trigger finger problem with my Micro Desert Eagle as it is so tiny that I can only get a finger and a half grip on it and it took off some skin from my trigger finger banging against the trigger guard. First time that has happened to me in over 40 years but then again I did not start buying and shooting small guns until last year.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    I was getting a finger pinch to my middle knuckle while shooting my Glock 30sf....seems the bump at the rear of the trigger guard was rubbing my finger during fireing...so I investigated....saw a video by Hickok45 on Glock Modifications where he thought by sanding down the trigger guard at the bend that caused the bump was most advantageous and made more room for ease of the grip on the gun....I was hesitant to try this and alter the trigger guard but I figured maybe it will feel better.....I used some fine grit emery cloth and started sanding at that location...after about 15 min. I was finished and what a difference it made.....I love it and it feels great and allows me to gain a better grip in the gun......was wondering if anyone else has modified their Glocks in this way...?
    Can you post a pic of how it looks?
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

X2. I'm have this same problem right now with my G29, and I can't decide where and how much to sand.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Yup, same knuckle problem and solution for me. I'm sure you now agree- sanding is scariest the first time. So after I did the first one, it is just my common procedure when I buy a Glock. I start with a dremmel and finish with sand paper. Next I give the Frog Lube treatment to the slide, barrel & moving parts and it's good to go for thousands of rounds.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Glock Mods - YouTube

Look at the trigger guard on the Glock on the right......he explains it later in the video......watch it.

I took a different approach. I just sanded down my finger instead of the Glock. Worked great.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I've found that stock Glock grips give a perfect ergonomic fit...if you have Lego man hands.

i have that same problem with my glock 23 my finger rubs on it and its uncomfortable, it doesnt do that on my 21 though

JD
    Administrator
    The mod is typically referred to as an "Under cut trigger guard"

This is the wife's G19 with cut and other texturing by Bowie Tactical and is one of the best cuts I've seen, if I didn't know any better I'd saw it was molded by the factory that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links