How has your *shield Held up ? Pics *

This is a discussion on How has your *shield Held up ? Pics * within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I Figure since its been around for about a year now we could see how the finish has held up from gun to gun... anyone ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How has your *shield Held up ? Pics *

How has your *shield Held up ? Pics *

I Figure since its been around for about a year now we could see how the finish has held up from gun to gun... anyone game?
    Mines kind of new still but here it is after 500 rounds and tagging along everyday.
    photo.jpgshi3.jpgshi.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    No pictures, but the Melonite finish on my various M&Ps has always held up very well. My Shield has about 500 rounds through it, and my M&P9c before it had about 1,000. An M&P40 had about 500 as well. No finish damage, no discolorations that didn't wipe off.
    Hakkaa päälle!

VIP Member
    Congratulations on your Shield, I hope it does well for you, they seem to have good reputations.

I don't have one, and in fact I've never actually seen one, but I've heard of other people saying they've seen them? I'm beginning to think that S&W may have mis-named it. Here's the closest picture I can provide.
    Attached Images
    mwhartman, 8th ID, gen3 and 7 others like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Congratulations on your Shield, I hope it does well for you, they seem to have good reputations.

I don't have one, and in fact I've never actually seen one, but I've heard of other people saying they've seen them? I'm beginning to think that S&W may have mis-named it. Here's the closest picture I can provide.
    I did see one at a gun show last month but it was $675. Guys at the LGS smile and chuckle when i ask about them.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

I was on the waiting list for several months for a 9mm Shield. Buying sight unseen, just on reputation alone. When I finally did receive it, I was not dissappointed. Meanwhile, I'd picked up a Springfield XD Sub-compact in 9mm as well. I've not run a lot of ammo thru either one, but they both are holding up very well.

NRA Life Member

man this is crazy, in my area they are always in stock at msrp... I should mention that I am sending mine to S&W for repair due to double feeds, FTE,FTF , the battery issue and my sight that fell out. Kind of a laundry list of issues but I really like the gun so I will give it 1 more chance after getting it back from S&W . If that doesn't work Im grabbing another Glock 26.
    DesignDawg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
    I did see one at a gun show last month but it was $675. Guys at the LGS smile and chuckle when i ask about them.
    That makes the $585 I saw at a local gun and pawn look almost respectable. But not respectable enough for me to pay $135 over list. I may buy one when things ease up but not at a place that has so blatantly taken advantage of the situation.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Mine is holding up well no complaints so far

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    man this is crazy, in my area they are always in stock at msrp... I should mention that I am sending mine to S&W for repair due to double feeds, FTE,FTF , the battery issue and my sight that fell out. Kind of a laundry list of issues but I really like the gun so I will give it 1 more chance after getting it back from S&W . If that doesn't work Im grabbing another Glock 26.
    LGS in my area has kept a steady supply of Shield's as well. Surprisingly, they have gotten quite a few more in 9mm than in 40. They go fast but they are getting them.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I've been waiting patiently for my pre-ordered Shield to show up at my LGS. It's been a few months now and I'm starting to get anxious!

I'm vexed with my shield right now I wish It was more reliable. Even if it works when I get it back from s&w I don't know if I will be able to trust it for a long time ..
    Last edited by bmcgilvray; April 16th, 2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Language Edit

I'm vexed with my shield right now I wish It was more reliable. Even if it works when I get it back from s&w I don't know if I will be able to trust it for a long time ..
    What happened?

I meant to say " pissed " not " vexed". It had FTF, FTE, Doublefeeds, and failure to return to battery since day 1. I ran about 500 rounds through it hoping it would get better and it did not. So I just sent it back to S&W for repair. Never have sent a gun out for repair before. In MY experience 9mm single stack subcompacts that I've owned just suck (kahr pm9/shield 9 ). Not nearly as reliable as the slightly larger glock 26...

I have had my shield since May 2012 - so, almost 1 year. 2k rounds thru it. I mostly pocket carry it. It looks brand new, actually - other than the normal wear a semi auto gets on the barrel hood. Great gun!
    Last edited by shipwreck; April 18th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

I Figure since its been around for about a year now we could see how the finish has held up from gun to gun... anyone game?
    Mines kind of new still but here it is after 500 rounds and tagging along everyday.
    photo.jpgshi3.jpgshi.jpg
    To pretty for an EDC, you need to shoot it more....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links