First gun you bought: Poll

This is a discussion on First gun you bought: Poll within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Note: The results do not jive with the responses below. If you sold your first gun but still buy the same brand, that is not ...

View Poll Results: After one year from purchase date, do you still own your first gun?

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I still own my first gun past one year.

180 73.17%
  • No, I no longer own my first gun past one year.

66 26.83%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: First gun you bought: Poll

Distinguished Member

Note: The results do not jive with the responses below. If you sold your first gun but still buy the same brand, that is not the same as owning your first gun. Only if you own the same exact gun as originally purchased one year past the purchase date, then answer yes. Thanks. I also made a mistake in that my previous polls said, carry rather than owned but that will be a follow up poll to this. Please make sure that if you sold your original guy you answer no and that if you still own it and it has been less than a year, do not vote.

So many new shooters agonize over which first gun to buy. I see this all the time with those I teach to shoot. Some go many months trying to figure this out. Others spend more on gun rentals than the cost of the gun they end up buying. In most cases, they buy the wrong gun and shortly thereafter buy a different one. For this reason I tell new shooters not to anguish over their first gun purchase even if they claim that they can only afford one gun because my last two students said that and each now owns three guns, none of which they carry because they rejected my recommendations and bought on price, convenience or what they considered the coolest or most deadly.

Anyway lets have a poll to see which of you still own your first gun. Only those who have bought a gun over a year ago please respond because obviously new gun buyers will still own their first gun. :) I ran a similar poll before in other gun forums and I suspect that the results will be the same and an eye opener for first time gun buyers. I told my wife I was going to just buy one gun 3 years ago and ended up buying over 30. :)
    NONAME762 likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

The first gun I bought was so impressive that I just stuck with that brand. No reason to look at any others. After four years, I still have that same "brand", but many different models.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Nope, My first handgun was a S&W K22 with an 8 & 3/8 inch barrel. Kept it for forty years and recently sold it. Had a S&W 357 stainless 6 inch revolver next and sold it a while back. Bought a Browning 9mm Hi Power which I still have and the last one was a S&W M&P 9c which is my EDC.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

I've still got my Ruger KP90DC
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Time flies!
    I bought my first handgun over 40 years ago and sold it...:bang head:...a dozen years ago.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    I bought a Ruger Police Six and then sold it a few years later ()

I still regret that
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

S&W Model 66-1 -357 magnum 4 inch Duty Weapon . Long gone :( Purchased in 1978 , I still remember the serial number .

Three years ago was the last time I bought guns. I bought 3 and traded for 1. I still have the first gun I bought ever I was 18 when I got it. I'm 60 now.
    darbo likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Gen 4 glock 19

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    S&W Model 66-1 -357 magnum 4 inch Duty Weapon . Long gone :( Purchased in 1978 , I still remember the serial number .
    Shoot Cheesewiz I barely remember 1978......
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

First firearm - Remington 870 express 24 in barrel
    First handgun - Ruger LC9

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I still own all my guns, never sold any. First gun owned 1938 Stevens .22/.410 (given to me by my grandmother when I was 12 yo; first gun purchased 20g semi-auto shotgun, first "handgun" S&W M&P 9c.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Kahr Pm9, Dust in the wind ..

Glock 19, back in 1994 ( if I have any memory left)

VIP Member
    yes it is in the safe
    miller_man likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links