Your thoughts on these two models.

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on these two models. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to buy a pistol later this summer. I am fine in the 9mm department. Trying to decide between the M&P 40 or ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 2 Post By Strmwatch
  • 1 Post By oldnfat
  • 1 Post By matthew03

Thread: Your thoughts on these two models.

I would like to buy a pistol later this summer. I am fine in the 9mm department. Trying to decide between the M&P 40 or Glock 32. I would end up getting a barrel chambered in the other caliber for which ever pistol I choose. Sadly the M&P is no available in .357 SIG. Please offer the pros and cons of each.

I don't own a Glock, though I've fondled many.... I can say I've owned 3 M and P's, and all have been great guns. I find them to fit my hand very well, be very reliable, shoot nicely (many say the .40 has softer recoil than many other models) and is reliable. They make a size, model, and caliber for just about anyone. Got nothing against Glock, will probably pick one up someday, but I've just been satisfied with M and P.

I don't like the way a Glock fits my hand, while others say M and P's have gritty triggers (which can be fixed, but I never notice it as a real issue at the range).

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I really like how the M&P's feel in my hand. However I shoot Glocks better, so that's what I go with. The good news is you have two excellent pistols to choose from and probably can't go wrong with either.
    sparkykb likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

pick up a glock 22 if it fits your hand, that way you can get a barrel in .357 sig and only have to swap barrels because the cartidge end is the same as a .40, two guns for a lilttle more than one.

i dont know if they have the .357s barrel out yet for the MP but i havent tried to find one either.
    Both are great guns, shoot and shoot some more until you find the one you like.

a friend of mine carries a glock 22, he shoots .40 at the range and carriers .357sig im very envious of him.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Availability is another thing I just thought of. Which would be easier to find, a Glock 32 or a 357 SIG barrel for an M&P 40?

ZOMBIEvs42, you just gave me another option to ponder, D'oh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    I really like how the M&P's feel in my hand. However I shoot Glocks better, so that's what I go with. The good news is you have two excellent pistols to choose from and probably can't go wrong with either.
    You know a guy is serious about his defensive firearms when subjective things like "feel in the hand" take a back seat to their performance with the weapon.

Wife has the M&P .40C and I really like it (even though I'm a 1911 fan) I am impressed with how well it shoots for such (to me) a small pistol. I especially like hers has a safety very similar to my 1911 (though you can get the M&P without a safety)

The answer is quite simple:

Get BOTH!
    nontechguy and Bdogdaddy like this.

Distinguished Member
    Where are the girls? I thought the title meant 2 female models. Nevermind. My bad.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

In the case of the Glock 32, Gen 3 or Gen 4?

Both are great guns, no doubt about that. But for concealed carry, I would go with the G32 or the M&P 40C. The full size service M&P's are much better
    suited for OWB holster carry or a duty weapon as they are considerably larger than the mid size Glocks....more along the size of a Glock 17.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    You know a guy is serious about his defensive firearms when subjective things like "feel in the hand" take a back seat to their performance with the weapon.

I'm sure I could learn to shoot the M&P as good or possibly better than a Glock. The problem right now is the simple cost of ammo.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Spend some time on the range with each gun. Either will serve you well, but I bet you will shoot one better than the other.
    Aceoky likes this.

Links