Taurus acp revolver

This is a discussion on Taurus acp revolver within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone fired the Taurus .380 acp mini? I have heard that the trigger pull is very heavy. Looks kind of neat though especially in ...

Thread: Taurus acp revolver

Taurus acp revolver

Has anyone fired the Taurus .380 acp mini? I have heard that the trigger pull is very heavy. Looks kind of neat though especially in blue. The price isn't bad either. Any opinions.

2. Remove Ads

The closest I got to shooting one was dry firing it at my lgs. I thought the trigger pull was very nice and the gun felt good in the hand. I read some of the reviews and decided against it. I think fooling with the moonclips would prove to be a real problem in the long run. You can shoot the gun without the clips, but the extractor rod will not expel the spent rounds. I think Taurus has a good idea, but they need to reconsider some of their design decisions. It was a neat looking gun. Good luck

I've had many .380's over the years, and I think it's a great caliber for "pocket carry" type guns. If you're going to carry a revolver, though, I can't for the life of me see why you'd sacrifice both the concealability of a subcompact .380 and the power of a .38 revolver. Get one or the other, for crying out loud!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I have a p238 and xds45 for carry. Also have a colt45. I just like guns and this looks like a fun toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joonbi View Post
    ...I just like guns and this looks like a fun toy.
    Oh - That's different!

Have to admit, the same thought crossed my mind. But in the last couple of years, at least, .380 ammo has been hard to find, and pricey. If I was shopping for a toy these days, I think I'd be looking at .38's and a reloading press!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

The walmart here seems to often have .380 ammo but nothing for .38. Also since I already have a .380 I keep ammo for the range. Ammo here is starting to return to the shelves, slowly. I don't fire alot of rounds, but at least once a month I will fire maybe a box of .45 and .380. I get big dot sights on my xds tomorrow so it'll be time to go. These little guns seem to be quite popular because there are none to be found at the moment. I realize they are not a s/w or glock but could be fun at the range.

Links