Who here when you bought 2nd gun

This is a discussion on Who here when you bought 2nd gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bought another same as first one or one just like one you already had?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Who here when you bought 2nd gun

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Who here when you bought 2nd gun

Bought another same as first one or one just like one you already had?
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

I just picked up my new (used) 3" SP101 in 38 SPCL today. I bought it to carry because I don't want to carry my 3" SP101 9mm.

Don't get me wrong, my 9mm 3" SP101 is my most prized gun, but that's why I got the 38. 9mm SP101s are rare and discontinued and only going up in value. Currently there is a 3" 9mm SP101 that is already up to $1195 on Gunbroker, still has about two days to go and others are selling for $800-1000, sometimes more.

So, in the very limited chance I have to use my gun in self defense or whatever else could happen, I don't want a $1000 plus gun going into an evidence locker.
    Taurahe likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Well I have two Colt Detective Specials, got great deals on both. I also have two S&W Model 19s in 2 ˝ inch one blue and one nickel. And a whole double handful of 1911s in various sizes and calibers.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 years ago. I love that gun so much I bought one exactly like it this week and picked it up yesterday.

I'm trying to get one made by each company.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 years ago. I love that gun so much I bought one exactly like it this week and picked it up yesterday.
    Ever since I got my 1911 Llama in 380 I wanted another one just like the first or at least a 1911 in 380. No luck yet.

I got a cousin what carried a Bersa 380. It was his Baby. I'm the last cousin who still owns handguns. I'm also Single. They ain't.

Get the picture?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

None of the guns I've purchased have brothers/ sisters. Each one is totally different. Keeps life interesting.
    Taurahe likes this.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Funny you should ask...just bought a second Glock-36 a couple of months ago!
    Taurahe likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have been considering a g27 to go with my 23, but that is as close as I will come to 2 of the same handgun.
    Taurahe likes this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

I normally buy guns totally different than what I previously bought or own and that is getting harder and harder since I average buying one new gun a month. When I called my LGS today and asked if they got anything new in this week the told me that they got nothing in the store that I have not owned already.
    Taurahe likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Haven't really bought 2 of the same, but I let my girlfriend borrow my M&P9c for about a month until she got her own. It is almost identical to mine, except hers has the thumb safety and mine does not (she isn't really comfortable not having one yet), I now have mine back in my EDC rotation.

Bought this Sig P938

P938 Nightmare.jpg

Liked it so much I had to buy this Sig P938 because I also like bi-tones and, as you can see from the above picture, the first one I bought was not a bi-tone.

Sig P938 bi-tone.jpg
    Taurahe likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I have a pair of HK USP 9's. Only difference is the date code on the slide- one was made in 1995 and the other in 2013. I love having two! Same holster fits both, same mag pouches, and I now have 8 mags between them.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

i usually never buy 2 of the same guns, however, if i had to do it, i would buy another CZ po7... not a high end gun but is sooo accurate and dependable.. most fo my guns have room for some kind of improvement but i think for the money id buy another CZ. and yes, i have glocks, Springfields and most other brands but when i go to the range and want to see just how small groups i can get, i grab the CZ... but my carry gun is the 1911, go figure..................

virg

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Have 4 1911's they are different, but kinda the same. Would love to have a twin to my Hi-Power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links