My 3rd Glock 27

This is a discussion on My 3rd Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few years ago I had 2 g27s and a g22. They are awesome guns. Wisconsin didn't pass the concealed carry yet and the Democrat ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 3rd Glock 27

My 3rd Glock 27

A few years ago I had 2 g27s and a g22. They are awesome guns. Wisconsin didn't pass the concealed carry yet and the Democrat Gov. vetoed it twice. Then I went on a kick where I wanted "made in USA" on all my guns and sold the Glocks. Now years later and with my ccw permit I've been looking, shopping for the ultamite carry gun. Imo you just can't beat a G27 so I threw down and am a Glock toter again. Almost went with a G30 but its just to fat in my hand.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    The 27 is hard to beat. Congrats!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Have one also; it's a great gun.

Good choice. I am able to easily conceal my 23, although I have been thinking of a grip job to downsize it if I wanted to pocket carry.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Well Done! Glad to hear that you are carrying a Glock again!
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    My carry weapon also. Congrats
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

3 Glock 27 pistols? I am behind the curve.

Great CC gun, what generation did you get? 3 or 4? My gen4 with 23 mags and Xgrips is nice to shoot for such a small .40.

I have had 3 G26 and 3 G19 and 2 G17 and 2 G30 and 2 G23 and do not own a Glock now. I tried to like them but they seem soulless in my hands. I do not get the feeling of confidence with them that I do with other guns. Not that they are not great guns but more that I have been shooting all metal guns with hammers for over four decades and do not particularly like the feel of polymer and striker fired triggers. I only have one gun that does not have a hammer on it and only two polymer guns; an HK P2000SK with LEM trigger and my most recent purchase, an XDs which is the only polymer striker fired gun I own. I made an exception for it after trying to carry a Colt Defender and New Agent in .45 which were too heavy for these old arthritic hips. I can put the extended mag on the XDs and have similar capacity of a 1911 at a fraction of the weight. Plus the gun just shoots so well with less felt recoil than my heavier 1911's had.
    The Old Gunhand - gun news all in one place.

Somehow I ended up with only Sigs, HKs and S&W J-frames.

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Ditto. G27 gen 4 is my carry piece.
    I kinda' wish Glock would make a single stack.
    IWB carry is a little uncomfortable to me as it is still a tad thick compared to something like the LC9..still, I would not trade my G 27 for anything else when it comes to carry.
    I also like the fact it's all black, further aiding in concealment..Oh wait!..all black?...does that mean the Glocks are AR's? Hmmm?
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    IWB carry is a little uncomfortable to me as it is still a tad thick compared to something like the LC9..still, I would not trade my G 27 for anything else when it comes to carry.
    I also like the fact it's all black, further aiding in concealment..Oh wait!..all black?...does that mean the Glocks are AR's? Hmmm?
    I wish I could post it on here unedited, but I would get infracted most for it most likely, from the "Heard On the Scanner Blog" there is an account of a police officer responding to a robbery of a person at gunpoint. A few minutes later he calls to report in "RP states subject is armed with a black ****, correction black ****, that's ehh oh never mind"...

Substitute **** for a term denoting a male rooster...

Mine is a Gen 3. They were out of 4s. The 2 I had before were 3s also so I'm familar with them. Whats the differance besides the back strap?

Old Dog, I have a Kimber custom target, 4" Python, and a CZ 27 for hammer guns. They have better triggers for target shooting for sure. But with the little Glock I have done very well in the few IDPA shoots I shot. I have a lot of confidence in the 27.

Hard to argue with any Glock for carry. The G27 is a little bulldog and not a ton of fun to pump hundreds of rounds through at the range, but effective for it's given purpose.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    look at the glock 36 its a 45
    glock 27, charter arms undercover .38 spl

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Hard to argue with any Glock for carry. The G27 is a little bulldog and not a ton of fun to pump hundreds of rounds through at the range, but effective for it's given purpose.
    I guess it depends by what you mean by a ton of ammo.
    I shoot 200 rnds weekly with mine..no sweat..no fatigue. I suppose maybe a small person with small hands or a female with a small frame might complain.

I will agree, something like a 9mm Beretta with a longer barrel has less "bark".
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links