" the brass kings " ammo

" the brass kings " ammo

This is a discussion on " the brass kings " ammo within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ANY INFO. ON THE ABOVE? JUST GOT SOME AT THE LOCAL GUN SHOW AND IT WAS PRICED SO LOW( 100 RDS @ $ 38.00 + ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaShooter
  • 1 Post By the6shooter

Thread: " the brass kings " ammo

" the brass kings " ammo

ANY INFO. ON THE ABOVE? JUST GOT SOME AT THE LOCAL GUN SHOW AND IT WAS PRICED SO LOW( 100 RDS @
    $ 38.00 + tax) THAT I NOW WONDER IF IT IS RE-LOADED AMMO. ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS AMMO? THANKS.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

What caliber did you get. That would be the determining factor if it was a good deal or not.

I GOT 100 RDS. OF 9MM. I"M JUST HOPINg IT ISN't RELOADS!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Nothing wrong with once fired brass recycled brass ammo. Remington, Winchester and many major brands sell it like gang busters in stores. 34$ per 100 is about a normal price pre-Obama. Although I reload my own for about $16 per 100. If you have any concerns remove your barrel and drop test all 100 with the gun you plan to shoot. Better yet, if you own a $15 dollar case gauge it's even better for checking rounds.

GeorgiaShooter:Forgive my ignorance, but how does a " drop test" show whether or not it will shoot O.K? Thanks.
    P.S. My new SARK2P says NOT to use re-loads!

VIP Member
    According to their website they sell both. My guess would be their own brand is reloaded ammo. Below is a link to their website, youcould always e-mail them and ask.

Buy Ammunition Online for Handguns, Pistols, Rifles and Shotguns
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I paid $38.97 or $39.97(can't remember which) + tax for a 100 round box of Winchester WB in 45 ACP last week at WalMart. I can't remember the price for 9mm. My LGS was selling 50 round boxes of Speer Lawmen FMJ in 9mm for $17.99 a box.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    ANY INFO. ON THE ABOVE? JUST GOT SOME AT THE LOCAL GUN SHOW AND IT WAS PRICED SO LOW( 100 RDS @
    $ 38.00 + tax) THAT I NOW WONDER IF IT IS RE-LOADED AMMO. ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS AMMO? THANKS.
    WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? Shhh! Lower your "voice".
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    GeorgiaShooter:Forgive my ignorance, but how does a " drop test" show whether or not it will shoot O.K? Thanks.
    P.S. My new SARK2P says NOT to use re-loads!
    It will usually show if the Brass been resized properly and prevent feeding issues or rounds getting stuck in your chamber it's a good way to test all of your ammo before it's fired. The best shooters on earth reload the industry has some stupid Warrantee policies. Shoot what you want to shoot if you're gun ever breaks send it back and deny using reloads
    Philly Boy likes this.

Well, after a LOT of looking, I found out the following: the 100 rds. of The Brass King ammo was a mixture of at least 4 brands...
    CCI, Speer, FC with the dot (.FC.) or without (FC), Winchester, Blazer. Still don't know if it's reload or not.

Not one thing wrong with reloads. remanufactured ammo is ok. I would prefer my reloads, over store bought. Their just as good or better.
    Every firearm I have ever bought says in the manuel to not use reloaded ammo. but someone that knows how to reload, knows it safe ammo.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Sponsored Links