Taurus Polyprotector

Taurus Polyprotector

This is a discussion on Taurus Polyprotector within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with the taurus polyframed revolvers. I have had good luck with my other Taurus revolvers and ...

Thread: Taurus Polyprotector

Taurus Polyprotector

I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with the taurus polyframed revolvers. I have had good luck with my other Taurus revolvers and thought It would be nice to have something lighter than an all steel snub nose. Also, I am thinking that if I got the 605 model it would fit the same holsters as my 651. So what is your alls take on these guns?

Thanks,
    Teach

I think taurs makes a great boat anchor...personal experience and opinion aside.... the poly protector is taurus's version of the ruger LCR, and it weighs more. If the taurus performs I think it would be a good carry gun, assuming you are looking for something lighter than the 605. I had bought a 605 several years ago BNIB. I got three rounds out of it before the cylinder locked up. The cylder did not turn in a perfect circle causing the cartridge heads to catch on the frame. Three trips to Taurus did not fix it, sold it off for 50 bucks as a parts gun to a smith and moved on with life. I will never buy another taurus gun. YMMV
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Sponsored Links