Bought a Gen 3 Glock 27 today w/ Gen 4 style spring..?

This is a discussion on Bought a Gen 3 Glock 27 today w/ Gen 4 style spring..? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The recoil spring looks exactly like my gen 4 springs and nothing like my gen 3 glock 26 spring. Was there some kind of upgrade ...

Thread: Bought a Gen 3 Glock 27 today w/ Gen 4 style spring..?

Bought a Gen 3 Glock 27 today w/ Gen 4 style spring..?

The recoil spring looks exactly like my gen 4 springs and nothing like my gen 3 glock 26 spring. Was there some kind of upgrade in 2012 Im not familiar with.. this gun is really really accurate but wow there is some snap to it..

2. Remove Ads

all the baby glocks have the gen 4 look alike springs. i think cause their so small it helps with the recoil not exactly sure y

I understand that baby glocks have dual recoil springs. Thing is this is not a gen 3 style dual recoil spring, it has the metal casing between the large spring and the guide rail unlike the gen 3 spng.jpg

Gen 3's can't get the Gen 4 spring. The hole in the slide is larger on the Gen 4, at least on the compacts and full size guns.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

What numbers are stamped on the end of the guide rod? Best thing to do would be call Glock up tomorrow. Ask them what the proper/most up to date spring assembly for your gun is. They will ask you the serial and tell you what you should have. Tell them the numbers on your spring. If you have the wrong spring they will more than likely just send you the right one free of charge. I've talked to them a few times and they have been pretty easy to deal with.

That does look like the RSA from my Gen4, as opposed to the one on the wife's Gen 3 (solid sleeve under the larger front spring). Although I didn't actually measure, the hole in the slides appear to be the same size. I can swap the spring back and forth between the two, so someone could have swapped the RSA.

Links