Should I do this trade?

This is a discussion on Should I do this trade? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a guy wanting to trade my Glock 27 Gen 3 for his .40 Beretta PX4 Fullsize. My gun only comes with one magazine,an ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By PEF

Thread: Should I do this trade?

Should I do this trade?

I have a guy wanting to trade my Glock 27 Gen 3 for his .40 Beretta PX4 Fullsize. My gun only comes with one magazine,an ankle holster, the box, and no papers. I am not sure of the year it was made as I bought it from another individual. His Beretta comes with 2 14rd mags, all paper work, case, and box. He bought it new in December 2012. I am just wanting to trade because I picked up another glock 27 gen 4 for a really good deal and do not need the other one. The trade will be straight up with no cash going either way. Do you think this is a good trade for me? thanks for the advice

2. Remove Ads

I think the glock is worth a little more with all the extras. Your gen 3 only came with one mag or are you saving the other one to go with the new gen 4?

that's tough i would take a deal if he gave me like $50 on top or a box of ammo. Do a trade since you have Glock 27 gen 4.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    PX4 retail for $575 new, I have a PX4 compact I paid 499 for it's a nice gun I bought a holster for it and put meprolite sites on it but it's very thick comapred to the Glock, shoots very well, Since you don't want the G3 I would do the trade..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

My gen 3 only came with one mag. So you think my glock is worth more than his beretta?

At that rate you probably close to even but i would try to get the other guy to sweeten the deal a bit maybe a box of ammo or some cash.

VIP Member
    When it comes to acquiring and trading guns, I've long ago thrown common sense and rationality out the window. If you want the PX4 and you don't want the extra Glock any more, do it. If not, don't do it.

Not trying to be flippant. It's just htat a guy can spend hours looking at a standard catalog, determining a "bluebook" value on a gun, and then divining some inflationary/market adjustment to come up with a number.

I used to do it and it drove me batty.

What you can't place a price on is the intangible - in this case your desire to have something else in your stable. If that desire is worth a box of ammo, then by all means ask for it. If that desire is much more than that, then do the trade and don't look back.

Worst case - you decide you don't like the deal and you screwed yourself. You can then come back here in a year and post to the "What's the worst trade you ever made" thread.... :)
    Poseidon, Phaedrus and Taurahe like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Thanks for all replies. It's not that I really want the px4 but I have tried selling my Glock 27 over the last couple weeks with no luck so I figure I will trade for this, try to sell it and worst case I have a nice full size gun instead of two glock 27's

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Do you need a Beretta Px4 .40 S&W? Have you shot it? Are you going to carry it or just for range fun? I think that you need to ask yourself all these questions and go from there. From my point of view, you already have a Glock 27 Gen 4 so the Gen 3 is surplus. Nonetheless, you could also sell it and then buy a Glock 23 which would be a great combination for your Glock 27.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

In my opinion a full size Beretta is too large for anything but a range gun. My suggestion would be sell the 27, or convert it to 9mm for cheaper practice.

I would trade it even steven, or maybe try to get a box of ammo with it. Your glock is surplus.... you dont have a storm. out with the old in with the new. Send it on its way, enjoy your new toy and have fun. The storms make a great HD gun IMO. The only reason I dont have one is I got a super steal on a LNIB G22 w/ w mags for HD, or I would have a storm. If you dont like the storm, you can sell it or trade it on something else later.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

you could carry one G27 as your primary.....and the second G27 as a BUG. Not a fan of anything Beretta made of polymer.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

No.

It is a very good idea to have a back-up to your carry gun. It is especially a good idea to have a back-up that has the same manual of arms, and that uses the same magazines, holsters, ammo, etc.

If you want a full size handgun, you can take your G27, add a longer barrel and larger magazines and - just like that - you have a larger pistol.

Variety might be the spice of life, but consistency breeds confidence and competence.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Links