Anyone carry a NAA 22MAG?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a NAA 22MAG? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just acquired one of these little pocket carry pistols. I shot my friend's gun from about 20 yards, and we were surprised that it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone carry a NAA 22MAG?

Anyone carry a NAA 22MAG?

I just acquired one of these little pocket carry pistols. I shot my friend's gun from about 20 yards, and we were surprised that it actually could hit that far. I am considering carrying it as a backup. Anyone else carry one? What is the role of it in your everyday carry?
    NRA, Lifetime Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I have four of these little monsters and when I can't carry one of my regular carry guns, I will have an NAA with me. They are great guns and I feel very comfortable carrying one. Good luck
    CDRGlock and NONAME762 like this.

I have one put the LR cyl. in it I leave at house for play. I am not a fan of it in 22 Mag lot of noise and recoil . Way more than 22 yet no real increase in power.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

Well michael t and I do not agree on the difference between the .22 Mag and the .22 LR. I am seeing an honest 300 to 400 fps increase in velocity from my magnum cylinder than from the long rifle cylinder out of my 1 5/8" mini magnum. That has to account for something. The noise level we do agree on, but at "contact distances" this makes no difference to me.

As for carrying, mine is always with me, either in a front pocket (pocket holster) or in a diminutive IWB holster. As for it being a backup, you will find you carry it as a primary more often than you'd think the little gun deserves. Case in point, I was doing some yard work the other day, and needed to refill my gas can. Without a thought I hopped in the truck and went to the closest gas station. While pumping gas a young man walked towards me, asking for money. He kept walking toward me and talking about why he needed money, some change or just a few dollars. When I stood and squared off at him and slipped my hand into my pocket he noticed the gesture and stopped 5 feet away, mumbled something and quickly walked away. The only thing in that pocket was my mini magnum, but it was a big comfort.

I have used one as backup when waring a suit. I have also used it as a third gun.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    .22 mag is a good small game cartridge, but not a reliable or effective self defense round. Plenty of pistols chambered in SD rounds are easily concealable.

My CCW instructor carried one of the little monsters in his pocket. I can't imagine the recoil and the muzzle flash from one of the short barrels. My 6 1/2 in AMT AUtomag-II has a huge flash and its barrel is 3 times longer!
    Last edited by bigsky109; April 26th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    I knew you could get these in .22LR and .22Magnum but did not know there was a version with a conversion cylinder.
    I have wanted one of these for as long as I have known they have existed but never bought one.

They're fun!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I have one, I use mine mostly with snake shot. But I have some WMR critical defense loads for it too.

I have an NAA mini-mag and love it. Although I have a dozen other handguns, I carry the NAA more than any other gun, mainly because it conceals so easily and comfortably. I,also, enjoy shooting it. I, also, keep a Cobra 22mag in each of my vehicles that are easily accessible.

I've been looking at these for a while. I can't yet muster up the justification to get one, but the convertible cylinder with the folding grip holster keeps calling to me... I look forward to hearing more about your experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
    I have used one as backup when waring a suit. I have also used it as a third gun.
    Third gun? Do you wear body armor too?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    Third gun? Do you wear body armor too?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    This is actually more common than you would think. I don't do it, but why knock it? Many people give us in the CC community grief for carrying one gun (or two), because it seems to be overkill to them...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I had one, felt kinda flaccid.

but it did conceal very well...infact, better then my car keys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links