Glock 40?

This is a discussion on Glock 40? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not the one the rappers talk about, a real Glock model 40, the next one in the numbering sequence, do you think it will ever ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Glock 40?

Glock 40?

Not the one the rappers talk about, a real Glock model 40, the next one in the numbering sequence, do you think it will ever exist? My bet is that they will not ever have a model 40, they will skip to something else. After all, they started at 17 based on the capacity of the original model being 17. Thinking about the current Glock catalog, the only logical things they don't currently make are:

1) Single stack 9mm, .40, .357 which are all the same frame size.

2) A .380 that is actually legal in the US. I could see this in the form of a very small single stack to compete with the likes of the the LCP. This would almost certainly have to be US made to avoid import points that the 26/27/33 barely make as it is, but they are doing that now anyway so it is plausible.

3) Some other derivative in 45 GAP, they're the only ones making guns in the caliber Gaston's ego created. I know the idea behind it in part is putting a .45 round in a medium size frame, but why not put it in a large frame, get the ballistic performance advantages of a flatter flying .45 but with better capacity than 10rds of the G37.

4) Some "unique" trigger to compete with HK and Sig (LEM and DAK) and put it in their LE oriented models (22, 27 seem most likely).

I'm just brainstorming plausible ideas, Gaston isn't exactly getting any younger either (thought his spouses are) and to call the Glock family dysfunctional is an insult to dysfunctional families the world over. And no, they won't make a 1911, in spite of that picture that got a lot of people on April 1 2011!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    1. Long overdue. Glock needs to get on board with market demand
    3. Isn't this the G21?
    4. Hey, if it ain't broke... Glock has one of the best pre-cocked striker fired triggers made.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    A single stack 9/357/40 would really sell in the US right now. Looks to me like Glock would want to cash in.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Why ruin a perfectly good Glock trigger with a heavy DA/SA style hammer trigger?

Man a 3.5 connector in a Glock is like heaven at the finger tip!

I'd definitely buy a single stack 40. Like a single stack 27.

In God and Glock we Trust

I don't think the 380 Glock is illegal in the US. I think the 380 is for countries where 9mm is illegal. If Glock does make some more single stacks I hope they actually make them thin this time around. I think they need to rename all their guns. 9mm would be Glock 9, Glock 9mm compact would be 9mm C, Glock 9mm sub compact would be Glock 9mm SC.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I don't think the 380 Glock is illegal in the US. I think the 380 is for countries where 9mm is illegal. If Glock does make some more single stacks I hope they actually make them thin this time around. I think they need to rename all their guns. 9mm would be Glock 9, Glock 9mm compact would be 9mm C, Glock 9mm sub compact would be Glock 9mm SC.
    The Glock in .380 is illegal in the United States. Its only available for certain Law Enforcement personnel.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    A single stack 9/357/40 would really sell in the US right now. Looks to me like Glock would want to cash in.
    That would be the Bersa BP9cc. Its a very good seller.
    Phaedrus and zonker1986 like this.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Not the one the rappers talk about, a real Glock model 40, the next one in the numbering sequence, do you think it will ever exist? My bet is that they will not ever have a model 40, they will skip to something else. After all, they started at 17 based on the capacity of the original model being 17. Thinking about the current Glock catalog, the only logical things they don't currently make are:

1) Single stack 9mm, .40, .357 which are all the same frame size.

2) A .380 that is actually legal in the US. I could see this in the form of a very small single stack to compete with the likes of the the LCP. This would almost certainly have to be US made to avoid import points that the 26/27/33 barely make as it is, but they are doing that now anyway so it is plausible.

3) Some other derivative in 45 GAP, they're the only ones making guns in the caliber Gaston's ego created. I know the idea behind it in part is putting a .45 round in a medium size frame, but why not put it in a large frame, get the ballistic performance advantages of a flatter flying .45 but with better capacity than 10rds of the G37.

4) Some "unique" trigger to compete with HK and Sig (LEM and DAK) and put it in their LE oriented models (22, 27 seem most likely).

I'm just brainstorming plausible ideas, Gaston isn't exactly getting any younger either (thought his spouses are) and to call the Glock family dysfunctional is an insult to dysfunctional families the world over. And no, they won't make a 1911, in spite of that picture that got a lot of people on April 1 2011!
    1.) agreed. a single stack 9 /40 would be a hot seller for glock. The 357 I persaonallyt could care less about. ammo is too pricey and hard to find around here.
    2.) I would think this could also be an interesting idea, but with a single stack 9 / 40, it wouldnt interest me as much.
    3.) 45 gap Hasnt caught on for a reason, just saying. If you need 45 acp, get a G21. If its to big and ten rounds isnt enough, shoot a 9mm.
    4.) why? Glock has one of th ebest triggers for an out of the box gun on the market. Those sig triggers are great, but they are an attempt to compete with glocks trigger.
    phantomfury04 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Not to nit pick....

The Glock 17 was called that because it was Glock's 17th patent.
    varob, DetChris, Wreckr and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    The Glock in .380 is illegal in the United States. Its only available for certain Law Enforcement personnel.
    It's not illegal. It just couldn't get enough points to be imported.

krisspy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thoricuncle View Post
    Not to nit pick....

The Glock 17 was called that because it was Glock's 17th patent.
    yeah, the Glock 17 designation had nothing to do with the mag capacity. It was Gaston's 17th patent.
    phantomfury04 and Wreckr like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    I checked it out. You are correct. Classified as a Saturday Night Special. Glock does not think there would be a market for it in the US, so they don't make the minor changes to it that they made to the G26/27.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

You missed my current choice. The .22lr variation in some or all of the various frame sizes. The .22lr shortage can't last forever and I would love a G17 sized .22lr to practice with at times. It would be a blast to shoot too ;)
    Glock2201 and cthruit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn77 View Post
    You missed my current choice. The .22lr variation in some or all of the various frame sizes. The .22lr shortage can't last forever and I would love a G17 sized .22lr to practice with at times. It would be a blast to shoot too ;)
    Buy a conversion kit. Advantage Arms makes them. I'll probably do this for my 23C.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    yeah, the Glock 17 designation had nothing to do with the mag capacity. It was Gaston's 17th patent.
    I stand corrected, I did not know that. Piece of trivia to go along with that, Glock's business previously was making polymer training grenades for the Austrian military.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links