Service life queston

This is a discussion on Service life queston within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have decided upon the Glock 32/33 combo for a future purchase. I plan to get 40 S&W barrels for both. My question is what ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matthew03

Thread: Service life queston

Service life queston

I have decided upon the Glock 32/33 combo for a future purchase. I plan to get 40 S&W barrels for both. My question is what is the service life on these pistols?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    ± 20,000 rounds or until DOA!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Are you kidding?!? Tell ya' what, if you shoot enough ammo to wear-out a GLOCK 32/33 (beyond a recoil spring every ~5K rounds of so) I will BUY YOU any $1000 handgun of your choice. *But if you can't accomplish this task in 2 years, you have to buy ME the $1000 handgun of MY choice. There are some G17 models with over verified 250,000 rounds. There are also horror stories of .40 S&W GLOCKs going ka-boom! So, you wanna' take my wager?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Don't give him a hard time. Maybe he's genuinely concerned his great grandson will have to use some of his retirement savings to replace a part.
    British by birth. American by choice.

seriously....... assuming your not joking, the service life will exceed your natural life and I dont mean that in jest. A thousand rounds a year would take you 20+ years MAYBE wear it out...but doubtful. Springs are part of normal maintenance and have a service life but they are cheap. A properly maintained glock should last you many years
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Nope, when it comes to guns I don't joke. Good information, thanks folks.

Realistically, probably about 50,000 rounds minimum if properly cleaned and not abused.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Chuck Taylor put 300,000 rounds through a Glock 17

Tactical-Life.comGLOCK 17 9mm TORTURE test » Tactical-Life.com

Granted the 40 / 357 Sig would accelerate wear, but...
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    You will spend many, many times the price of the gun in ammo cost to wear it out even if you reload.
    Stevew likes this.

Links