Xds

Xds

This is a discussion on Xds within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked me a xds 45 and love it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366944802.218159.jpg...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Xds

Xds

Picked me a xds 45 and love itImageUploadedByTapatalk1366944802.218159.jpg

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SA XDM 45 5.25 Competition Model
    SA XDS 45 3.3
    Sig P238 Pearl

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Nice find. I'm sure you will like the XDs.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

NICE! I love mine... But, I only see one mag? It did come with two (5 rounders), right?

Also, be sure to pick up an extra extended 7 round mag, too. They might make it too long to carry (kinda defeats the purpose of having such a small gun) but they make shooting it more enjoyable. I carry a spare 7 rounder as an extra mag everywhere I go.

Yeah it came with 2

Love mine also. I use to carry a 380 when it was really hot. My G27 was kinda on the large side with shorts and a tank top. The dimensions don't seem like much but the thinner profile makes alot of difference to me when Iwb. For comfort. I would rather have a 45acp then a 380. But the 380 to me was better then nothing.

Distinguished Member
    I bought one a few weeks ago. Two recommended products are the Talon Rubber Grips to tame that grip and still provide a non slip surface. And contrary to uninformed internet wisdom, the rubber does not catch on your clothes or pocket. In the old days when I was middle aged rubber grips were tacky but no more. I have rubber grips on every gun that lets me put new grips on them.

The other useful accessory is the Pearce grip extension. I only got one so that I have one flush mag and one with a pinky extension. The pinky extension has not interfered with pocket carry or belt carry. Really no difference.

As one poster said, get an extended 7 round mag with grip extension. Gives the XDs, the same round capacity of most 1911's in a lighter and smaller package. Mine constantly amazes me with its accuracy and reliability. I had bought three 3" 1911 pistols from Colt. All were unreliable and heavy. I sold them all and after buying the XDs, will never spend a grand on another one. I have bad hands due to nerve damage and I can shoot the XDs with no discomfort or problems unless I exceed a lot more rounds than I carry.
    WhoopsImPackin likes this.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Looking forward to a range report. Nice handgun.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I like my XDs. Just wish there were more ammo out there to choose from........

I borrowed my nephew's 9mm XD with a four inch barrel to shoot Monday Night Bullseye. It is absolutely the best out of the box trigger I've ever felt. I'm buying one today.

Had one, sold it without even firing it.

When all is said and done, the XDS is only a miniscule narrower than a 1911. (Kimber Ultra CDP in my case) The 1911 holds more rounds, the 1911 uses a tried and true manual safety, has a MUCH nicer trigger pull and the 1911 allows for a full grip. (the xds 7rd just makes the gun even more clunky feeling IMHO).

Of course, you may disagree which is why there are so many choices out there.

So far I'm enjoying my XDs. I've only put about 200 rounds through it with no issues. I was really impressed with what I consider to be light recoil and quite comfortable to handle.

It's a change from my Glock 19, a little smaller for summer carry. The trigger is not as crisp or light as my Glock, but then my Glock is a Gen 2 with many rounds through it. I expect things will improve as it works in.

This is my first Springfield Armory pistol and I'm happy. Accuracy is very good, handles well and goes bang everytime. I'm hooked!

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Bought one 3 weeks ago.. love it.

I like mine, not my EDC but with summer coming it might become my summer gun.

I got one a while back and now my Glock 27 has turned into a safe queen.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links