Glock 19 vs 26

This is a discussion on Glock 19 vs 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanting some opinions on which Glock I should invest in for concealed carry. The only other Glock I own is a G22, but it's ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Glock 19 vs 26

Glock 19 vs 26

Just wanting some opinions on which Glock I should invest in for concealed carry. The only other Glock I own is a G22, but it's far too big for me to conceal without wearing a coat or sweatshirt. I've narrowed it down to either the G19 or G26 since I'm also looking for a 9mm. I know a lot of people are happy with their G26, but I'm wondering if someone with an average build (5'10" 165) could get away with concealing a G19 with just a t-shirt or similar casual clothing. For those of you who carry either of these guns, how easily does it conceal and what holster do you use? I typically wear fitted clothing, which makes concealing slightly more challenging. I don't plan on altering my wardrobe to carry. Thanks in advance!
    DrDP6 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have no trouble concealing a 19 under a t-shirt. A decent IWB holster at 3:00, and I am good. I'm 5'10" and 195. The 26 is too small for my tastes. I use either a Brommeland Max-Con V or a Midworld Ohio Special on a Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch belt.
    DrDP6 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

For those of you who carry either of these guns, how easily does it conceal and what holster do you use? I typically wear fitted clothing, which makes concealing slightly more challenging. I don't plan on altering my wardrobe to carry. Thanks in advance!
    The Glock 19 is an easy gun to conceal and worth any wardrobe adjustment that might be needed to that end. Altering wardrobe sort of goes with the territory for concealed carry in my opinion. To each his own of course.

My own G19 conceals well with minimal wardrobe changes and is currently carried in a Raven Concealment Phantom Modular holster.
    Attached Images
    FlaRon and DrDP6 like this.

I would say that since you already have G22 and don't like it for carry, then you should go with the 26. The 19 is only going to be a half inch shorter than your 22, and if you're not looking to alter your wardrobe you'll probably appreciate the size of the 26.

I personally have a 19 and a 26, and have carried both plenty. I generally carry the 26 if it's t-shirt whether, and the 19 if I'm wearing a sweatshirt. I should mention though that at 5'-9" and 160lbs, I don't have a lot of space to conceal.
    DrDP6 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTNiggle View Post
    I would say that since you already have G22 and don't like it for carry, then you should go with the 26. The 19 is only going to be a half inch shorter than your 22, and if you're not looking to alter your wardrobe you'll probably appreciate the size of the 26.

I personally have a 19 and a 26, and have carried both plenty. I generally carry the 26 if it's t-shirt whether, and the 19 if I'm wearing a sweatshirt. I should mention though that at 5'-9" and 160lbs, I don't have a lot of space to conceal.
    The 19 is much easier to conceal than a 22. That extra half inch of grip sticking out is a bunch. Notice the chopped grip on the Glock 17 in my avatar.
    DrDP6 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

With a good IWB holster my 19 is easy to conceal and I'm not a big guy. But the 26 is super sweet too. Get the 19 first and then add a 26 later!
    DrDP6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by skylen View Post
    With a good IWB holster my 19 is easy to conceal and I'm not a big guy. But the 26 is super sweet too. Get the 19 first and then add a 26 later!
    Can't go wrong there, +1, That's pretty much what I did.

Also OP, I was just thinking, since you have a G22 right now, why not keep it in the family and go with a G23 or 27?
    Tundra5.7 likes this.

I shot a G26 two weekends ago and a G19 this last weekend. I would go with the 19 for sure. I'm a fairly thin-framed individual but I still found the G26 too small. I don't like my pinky finger not having a place to rest on the grips. That and when I did try to fit it on there, the magazine would slightly pinch it between the grip when I shot. The G19 fit like a glove.

I know this isn't exactly about concealment but I'd make sure you're comfortable holding and shooting the G26 before going with the smaller size.
    DrDP6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    The Glock 19 is an easy gun to conceal and worth any wardrobe adjustment that might be needed to that end. Altering wardrobe sort of goes with the territory for concealed carry in my opinion. To each his own of course.
    I'm sure I'll have to make some small changes no matter which one I go with. Guess I'm just used to my snubby and not having to change much

Quote Originally Posted by JTNiggle View Post
    Can't go wrong there, +1, That's pretty much what I did.

Also OP, I was just thinking, since you have a G22 right now, why not keep it in the family and go with a G23 or 27?
    Thought about it, but I'm looking for the extra capacity plus I've just always wanted to add a 9mm to the collection

Yeah, I also found the 26 too small for my hands and I am also not a large guy. I have been wearing oversized button down shirts I leave unbuttoned or baseball jersey style button downs with an iwb holster at 4 oclock and it seems to work well for me with the glock 19

Either would be a winner for CC; I have both.
    I would get the 19 first, then the 26 with a pinky extension (w/o the extra round).
    DrDP6 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

+1 on the 19. Even though my hands aren't big, I get a better fit with the 19.
    DrDP6 likes this.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

I carry a Glock 27 which is the exact same thing as the 26 just in 40 S&W.
    Always have it in my Galco ankle glove. Works great even without the optional calf strap.

If I was to go with a IWB or OWB I would go with one of the Raven Phantom holsters.
    Quality is top notch.
    DrDP6 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I carry a 27 and have also carried a 23(same size as the 19). For me the 27 is easier to conceal. With cargo shorts/pants and a couple pairs of jeans, I'm able to carry the 27 in my pocket. I also shoot the 27 very well and find it soaks up the 40 S&W recoil surprisingly well. I'm sure the 26 would be noticeably milder.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Having bought both, my primary CCW is the G26 in a UBG Canute IWB. Took me very little time to adjust to the smaller grip of the 26 and the slight differences between the two make a big difference to me for CCW. The 19 is top shelf; no doubt, but that G26 is my pick in most cases. It's all a matter of personal choice.
    DrDP6 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links