S&w sd9ve?

This is a discussion on S&w sd9ve? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am very interested in this gun. But, I really haven't heard anything pro or con one way or the other about them. I have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: S&w sd9ve?

S&w sd9ve?

I am very interested in this gun. But, I really haven't heard anything pro or con one way or the other about them. I have to say, I've held one and I really like the feel of it. The grip angle is good, much better than the Glock of which I own a few but never carry because they just don't fit my hand.

If anyone owns one of these S&W SD9VE's out there I'd really love to hear from you. I can get one for about $350 brand new in the box and that would be great.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

TN_Mike likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I have the SD40VE and love it. For the money it can't be beat. Very reliable and shoots well. Even the wife loves it.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

I'm a big fan of Hickcock45 and I trust his reviews. I have to say, this is pretty much what I expected. Like I said, I've handled one and I liked it. Nice to see him fire one and put it through its paces. I believe I may have to pick one up.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have the SW40ve eats anything I feed it. easily concealable at least for me iwb just under a t shirt. fairly stiff trigger but no worse than than average da revolver. Smooths up as you fire it.

The pistol is an excellent example of what it was designed to be. A striker fired no external safety combat sd pistol. Plenty accurate for SD work. You can buy a lot more expensive guns but if you looking for a good dependable does what it was built for pistol for SD they are hard to beat.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Here is a video I made wen I took my oldest daughter and my son-in-law to the range. The SD40VE starts at 1:12 minutes but if you start it at the beginning you will see the Automag-II in action. They both ahd a lot of fun and put a lot of holes in the paper.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I am very interested in this gun. But, I really haven't heard anything pro or con one way or the other about them. I have to say, I've held one and I really like the feel of it. The grip angle is good, much better than the Glock of which I own a few but never carry because they just don't fit my hand.

If anyone owns one of these S&W SD9VE's out there I'd really love to hear from you. I can get one for about $350 brand new in the box and that would be great.
    You would not be throwing your money away if that's what you mean. I had one in .40 S&W, and wish I still had it. Another one of my stupid gun trades.
    Rigrat likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

The SD9 is a capable handgun....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

CSL
    I rented one at the range a few months back as I was looking at an SD40. Solid gun for the money. In the full size, sub-$400 range it pretty much takes the cake. I would have picked it up, but it was in the heat of the panic and the LGS raised the price from $340 to $400. I opted to instead get the Ruger SR9 for about $25 more. I felt like the ergonomics and fit/finish were better on the Ruger, and its price was not nearly as inflated.
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

VIP Member
    They are not bad at all for a budget firearm. I didn't like the heavy trigger though.. YMMV
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

These S&W pistols are inexpensive and are easy to shoot, very reliable and when you pay $299.00 like I did you can't go wrong.

My son has one. I've shot it a little, and would definitely buy one. Feed everything it's been fed so far, easy to clean, very Glock-like. Trigger seems to be a bit of an improvement, not too bad. Buy it, the price is definitely right, the original SD line has a good rep. I wouldn't buy it to drive tacks, but I think it's a solid defensive weapon.

Well, as of yet I haven't heard any negatives about the gun from any of you. And to me, that means a lot.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have the SD40VE with an Apex Tactical spring kit. Reduces the trigger weight from 8 lbs to 5 or so. Still has a long pull but lighter. I really like the gun. Factor in the price and it is a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    They are not bad at all for a budget firearm. I didn't like the heavy trigger though.. YMMV

I do like the Smith, but I'd like to second your tag - the Ruger MKIII 22/45 has caused me to think impure things while trying to break it down, but It's a hoot to shoot, and I hope to find some inexpensive decent .22lr sometime in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links