One Day, Two Very Different CS Experiences

This is a discussion on One Day, Two Very Different CS Experiences within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had some time this afternoon so I decided to take care of two customer service issues I have with my Kel Tec PF9 and my ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Snub44
  • 3 Post By Easy8

Thread: One Day, Two Very Different CS Experiences

One Day, Two Very Different CS Experiences

Had some time this afternoon so I decided to take care of two customer service issues I have with my Kel Tec PF9 and my Taurus PT740. Both experiences, were umm unique? Now these are two brands that both have lifetime warranties but get bashed a lot of forums (this one and others). In my opinion, both guns are good concepts, but have some kinks to be worked out.

Kel Tec:

Problem: My stainless barrel is rusting badly and is getting worse, to the point that I'm nervous about firing it.

I called their CS 2 weeks ago, they said to mail it to them (just the barrel) with a brief note and they would fix or replace it. I did via USPS, gave them a couple weeks and called today to check up on it. Got a person quickly, told him my info, he checks the computer...."uhh, we didn't get it..."...yea, they (or USPS) lost it. I go on hold for about 5 minutes, a manager comes on and apologizes, he says they will send me a new one ASAP. I think they were pretty embarrassed by this and just wanted to make it go away! Whatever, it's fine with me if I get the new one. Given that it displeasure in FL, I'm guessing some pill junky stole it to use as a pipe to smoke his Roxies with...

Taurus:

Problem: My 740 has a front sight that keeps coming loose (front sight #2 already, the original one blew off on the range the second time I took the gun out) and after my last range use, the SA/DA gun now only will fire in DA with about a 15lb trigger pull and a .75" range of motion. The pull is so long and heavy that Bloomberg would say "damn, this sucks".

I called CS, explained the problem. They said they need the whole gun (as I expected), I was expecting the next thing to be "what is your email address so we can send you a shipping label?"

HAHAHAHA YEA RIGHT!

The CS rep says "we have DISCOUNTED shipping label available for $75"...I can't write my exact thoughts due to decency reasons but you can probably guess. I no way, I'll just sell it as is and pointed out that other brands pay for shipping, especially when the gun is 10 months old...I called Academy Sports where I bought it and they said they would send it in for me for free (I bought it there). I know Taurus is trying to fix it's image, why not start by bringing basic CS practices to the level of respected brands like S&W and Ruger?

2. Remove Ads

...I've gotten rid of my last Taurus because of CS and got tired of hearing stories of "don't-care" attitudes like I ran into...though a few say they're great...I've just solved the problem permanently...no experience with KelTec...but have heard good and bad...

...there are too many good guns out there with proven reliability for me to hope I got a good one...several brands I just won't have...
    ...hope you get yours resolved soon...
    kmagnuss likes this.

Don't have an Academy around here but sounds like a good store that they would send the gun back for you for free,would be a place that would keep my business. That is terrible that Taurus does not do free shipping

Quote Originally Posted by doublea17 View Post
    Don't have an Academy around here but sounds like a good store that they would send the gun back for you for free,would be a place that would keep my business. That is terrible that Taurus does not do free shipping
    They're a SE/SW chain, good store, very clean and organized. I was actually told by a clerk at the gun counter recently that they are rumored to be dropping Taurus soon though, the major deals on Taurus guns recently would give credibility to this (709 for $300).

Its just not worth the trouble not to mention reliability just to save a little money. Stick to known quality guns, holsters , ammo and belts your life may depend on it.
    Snub44, Eric357 and kmagnuss like this.

Links