Bersa 383 DA

Bersa 383 DA

This is a discussion on Bersa 383 DA within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have many .380 Sigs ( 230, 232, and 238 SAS), a BrowningBDA .380 and others, but I have always been interested in the Bersa ...

Thread: Bersa 383 DA

Bersa 383 DA

I have many .380 Sigs ( 230, 232, and 238 SAS), a BrowningBDA .380 and others, but I have always been interested in the Bersa 380's. Last week I traded an old double barrel 20 gaugefor this all steel Bersa .380 (Model 383 DA). It is a beautiful gun with really fine workmanship. I guess it is the predecessor to the current"Thunder" line of Bersa's which have alloy frames.

Shot it yesterday and it is very accurate. A little fussy on ammo (the best was HornadyCritical defense) but fun to shoot.

Would like any info on this gun and a source for the hard toget magazines (all other Bersa .380 magazines do not fit).

Thanks for your help,

Trooper Joe

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Call Eagle Imports (They run Bersa.com and are the importer of Bersas) at (732) 493-0333 or e-mail them at info@bersa.com and ask if they have any magazines.Their website might show Out of Stock but they could have some. I bought a magazine from them when they claimed to be out. They limit one per serial number.

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 CC and bought my girlfriend a Bersa Thunder 380 since she liked it so much and I found a good deal on one. Good little pistols.

CDNN has 383 Promags in stock

Bersa

I owned a Model 83 that I bought at Walmart in 1993 for $185. Great gun, and much better finish than the current Bersa .380's.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    condorsflight.com might be able to help you.

Hi ya trooper Joe, I have a nickel finished Bersa Series 95 that is mechanically the twin to your 383. The 383 and the series 95 and the single stack 7 shot from the Thunder model are all supposed to interchange. None of my sources currently stock the Bersa magazine we both need.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    They are very underrated for their price.

Awesome gun!!! I've got a Thunder 380 CC and a Thunder 9 ultra compact. Great guns and I imagine that all steel variety is a dream to shoot.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Sponsored Links