Range Report for my TCP PT738

This is a discussion on Range Report for my TCP PT738 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really didn't want a .380 and didn't care for the trigger on the Ruger. I really didn't care for the Taurus name but I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bigsky109
  • 1 Post By Bassleg

Thread: Range Report for my TCP PT738

Range Report for my TCP PT738

I really didn't want a .380 and didn't care for the trigger on the Ruger. I really didn't care for the Taurus name but I have to tell you I am impressed with my new little Taurus TCP PT738. It really was fun to shoot and so far it is reliable. I shot 12 rounds at one of my new targets I made from Donnie D's suggestion for the shoot-n-c homemade targets.

I placed the target about 20 yards away from the shooting line. I know that this is a close in pistol and range is not what I am looking for, accuracy in the first 10-20 yards will suffice. I shot 12 rounds at first into the target and hitting 11 out of 12 I figured wasn't too bad, since it was snowing and the temp was 36F. I was freezing and shaking to keep warm...LOL....YES SNOW! Anyway, I stuck another target up and shot 6 more off hand, hit 5 out of the 6 and then I was done...the cold set in and I needed to warm up.

I thought the recoil would be more severe since this was such a small pistol but it was really fun to shoot. I was impressed with the accuracy out of such a small barrel. So all in all I am pleased with what I bought, saved $110.00 over the Ruger since I only paid $185.00 for this pocket pistol. I am sure my wife will love this thing so much that I may need to buy another, or wait for the M&P Shield and pass this on to her at that time.

The trigger pull was long, but very smooth and easy. Very nice overall. When it warms up I might have to GoPro the firing sessions. If you are looking at the .380 Auto for the CCW don't over look this Taurus.

Here is a pic of the homemade target and pistol.
    LL.jpg
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

2. Remove Ads

Glad that it works out for you so keep enjoying what you have !!! Taurus has a group of haters and they hate hearing or reading positive things like your post. Now if this had been a post of problems with your TCP738, you would have gotten several post from the haters saying the usual things like "Friends don't let friends by Taurus" or "Mess with the Bull, get bucked by the bull, etc." You get the idea. God Bless

CSL
    Glad you like it! I've still got my eye on one of these. I'm thinking it would make a great Christmas list item...
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Glad that it works out for you so keep enjoying what you have !!! Taurus has a group of haters and they hate hearing or reading positive things like your post. Now if this had been a post of problems with your TCP738, you would have gotten several post from the haters saying the usual things like "Friends don't let friends by Taurus" or "Mess with the Bull, get bucked by the bull, etc." You get the idea. God Bless
    Taurus has a proven reputation of being a POS. Its not being a hater when a company makes crap. glad to hear he got one that works, I bought a revolver NIB that didnt.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by CSL View Post
    Glad you like it! I've still got my eye on one of these. I'm thinking it would make a great Christmas list item...
    Stocking Stuffer.....
    CSL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    I believe you. I don't care for the Taurus brand either. I have heard they are a POS but have also heard they have changed since then. Who knows....I do know that this little TCP is worth every penny.

I have a TCP 380 and it works for me I have about 600 round down the pipe.
    bigsky109 likes this.

Links