Pink guns rant

Pink guns rant

This is a discussion on Pink guns rant within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being female, the whole pink gun thing I find insulting. I'm woman enough to own a black/gray gun. Like, do you think if they start ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Pink guns rant

Distinguished Member

Pink guns rant

Being female, the whole pink gun thing I find insulting. I'm woman enough to own a black/gray gun.

Like, do you think if they start making baby blue guns the men would flock to purchase them? Guns are for protection, they kill people....to the gun makers, don't patronize me!

Note: For those that own pink guns I'm not picking, just stating a personal opinion and fact that I'm sick and tired of my LGS showing me the pink guns just because I have breast......

Chorizo, NONAME762, Camo and 10 others like this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    But they are just so cuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that was sarcasm, because I have heard that said more than once standing by a gun counter.
    Sister and NONAME762 like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    It's all about choices..I don't have one,but,if someone wants one,go for it.It's doesn't insult me,not my money,each to their own.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    I have breasts and they don't show them to me. Man boobs ftw...lol. but seriously, I can see how this could be offending. But on the other side I could see how some might wanna say "I'm a girl and like pink so what I still like guns". Idk, either way I don't plan on ever getting anything other than wood, black, of silver.
    msgt/ret, NONAME762 and Glock2201 like this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, because of some of your fellow sisters, it is a self-inflicted wound that keeps being visited on you. At least they don't offer them to me.......I guess there is a blessing being old, bald and male.
    NONAME762 likes this.

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Being female, the whole pink gun thing I find insulting. I'm woman enough to own a black/gray gun.

Like, do you think if they start making baby blue guns the men would flock to purchase them? Guns are for protection, they kill people....to the gun makers, don't patronize me!

Note: For those that own pink guns I'm not picking, just stating a personal opinion and fact that I'm sick and tired of my LGS showing me the pink guns just because I have breast......

Diamondback does have a baby blue colored gun lol ;)

There are better gun related issues to become enraged about. Plenty of women like pink. Suppose I wasn't a car enthusiast. As a man, should I be offended that the salesman at the dealership took me to the sports car instead of the mini van? Of course not. Firearms, generally speaking, is a male dominated subject. I'm sure they are just trying to accommodate the fairer sex. And trust me, if they had a black gun with flames that shot out of it (other than the muzzle), leather grips and had 500hp of engine attached to it, it would get shown to only the men. All stereotypes lie somewhere between the truth and a lie.

Sent from blah blah blah....

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I wasn't offended when I went to buy a truck and it came in more colors than black.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I wasn't offended when I went to buy a truck and it came in more colors than black.

Got a pink truck, huh?
    Sister, BamaT, locotest and 1 others like this.

I don't care what color gun a woman chooses, as long as shoots them and enjoys shooting. I wouldn't care if a date possessed better marksmanship than I did. Truth be told I'd ask her for pointers.
    ccw9mm likes this.

Guns are tools. Pink guns tip-toe the line of toys. I don't want a pink gun within sight of my four year old daughter. She loves pink.

IMO, anything that detracts from the respect a firearm needs is dangerous. Pink, blue, green, or rainbow; it doesn't matter.

My wife feels the same.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    I don't care what color gun a woman chooses, as long as shoots them and enjoys shooting. I wouldn't care if a date possessed better marksmanship than I did. Truth be told I'd ask her for pointers.
    Your missing the point. It's the fact BECAUSE I'm female they (LGS) seem to think I'll gravitate towards the pink guns. Personally I love red but since guns are used for killing and assault, red would be stupid.
    Could you see the USA military going to war with rainbow bright guns?

I always shot better than my boyfriends, made them mad...
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    OK, I recently bought my 31 yr old daughter, degreed professional, a pink gun. She has a lot of pink clothes, her shooting glasses are pink and her ear muffs are pink. SHe loved the pink gun and posted photos of it on her social media pages.

She really loved the gun being pink but once she shot the gun, the color no longer mattered. She handed it to me and wanted something else. Now I have a pink gun. My being 6'2" and 260 lbs, I am secure in my masculinity and do not mind shooting it. Yet I will stick to my 1911 and let ladies I work with try the gun.

But it is pink and girl babies always get pink blankets and such. So why not a pink gun for a female?
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Could you see the USA military going to war with rainbow bright guns?
    After getting rid of don't ask, don't tell, they just might be.........
    locotest likes this.

My wife has a Beretta Neos tricked out in pink........she is not offended by it. If it insults you don't buy it. But evidently many women do not feel the way you do.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links