Wish me luck!

This is a discussion on Wish me luck! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought another pocket gun. It's a Taurus TCP738 in .380ACP. I haven't had much luck with the little guns and I'm hoping this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wish me luck!

Wish me luck!

I just bought another pocket gun. It's a Taurus TCP738 in .380ACP. I haven't had much luck with the little guns and I'm hoping this one works out.

I haven't shot it yet but I like the trigger and how it feels in my hand. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

2. Remove Ads

Well, Good Luck!

Good luck, hope it works for you.

CSL
    Very cool. I have seen these in the bare-bones package for about $200. Pretty tempting. I may pick one up in the future.
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

Let us know how it works as I'm considering one for my next purchase. Super small and cheap.

I've had one for a bit over a year. Shoots great with no problems at all. Surprisingly accurate considering the sights! Good luck with yours!

Good news so far. I put a little over 40 rounds through it today and it functioned perfectly. Nice trigger and I was pretty accurate with it. I like it.
    Luis

Mike Tyson

I bought one of those last week and so far after 50 rounds, no failure. I too like the trigger over the RUGER and the price cannot be beat. it's slide also locks back on last round where the RUGER doesn't. I have a range report around here somewhere, but most are not responding to the thread probably since it is a Taurus. Really sad because it is a pretty good pistol.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by Luis50 View Post
    Good news so far. I put a little over 40 rounds through it today and it functioned perfectly. Nice trigger and I was pretty accurate with it. I like it.
    40 plus problem-free rounds through a Taurus, you say?! That might be the record!

I'm kidding, I'm kidding... totally not a Taurus hater. I have one or two my own self.
    DaveInEdmonds likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    40 plus problem-free rounds through a Taurus, you say?! That might be the record!

I'm kidding, I'm kidding... totally not a Taurus hater. I have one or two my own self.
    Well Brad, the truth is, this pistol was sent back to Taurus by the previous owner. The firing pin and another part was replaced and I got a good deal on it. Thank goodness for that lifetime warranty. This is my first and probably last Taurus. I'm a hardcore Glock guy but they don't make anything this small.
    Luis

Mike Tyson

Well Brad, the truth is, this pistol was sent back to Taurus by the previous owner. The firing pin and another part was replaced and I got a good deal on it. Thank goodness for that lifetime warranty. This is my first and probably last Taurus. I'm a hardcore Glock guy but they don't make anything this small.
    So you bought this knowing it was repaired?

The one I have was new, paid $185.00 for it and I have not had any issues with it. I am sure you will find it a solid pistol. Have fun shooting it. You shouldn't need any luck....LOL
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Well, coming from a fellow owner of a Taurus that is presently on it's 4th stint in rehab, good luck! I'm glad you got a good deal, a functioning TCP is a really tiny gun that you can literally put anywhere. I almost think that you could stick in a decently thick sock without an ankle holster and it would stay there. Please tell me you got either a black or yellow frame?

Alternatively, you could choose a rather "unconventional" method of concealment, like this guy:

Suspect Allegedly Smuggled 10-Inch Gun In His Rectum

Great selection of Avatar my main man....The 101st AB...back when I played BF2 online I was/still am actual in the 101st AB in BF2. Combat takeoffs in a Gunship are a tough deal when getting strafed by jets or sniped by Snipers. I had a different Call Sign there....just call me ROPE......it's all goot.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Good luck, hope you like it.

Distinguished Member
    Ya, good luck with it - hope yours work better than BOTH of mine did. They had problem free times, but in the beginning and the end of my ownership of them they both had problems feeding ammo, both HP and FMJ. I finally had to admit that they were not reliable, got rid of em and have stayed away from "cheap" guns ever since. Not hating on Taurus, just speaking from experience.

But in all reality, they were a perfect sized little 380, with better ergo's and triggers than the LCP that replaced them.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links