M&P APEX trigger mod reviews please!!!!

This is a discussion on M&P APEX trigger mod reviews please!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, I have an M&P40c for my edc and a glock 19 I picked up from a friend. I love the way the M&P ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P APEX trigger mod reviews please!!!!

Hey everyone, I have an M&P40c for my edc and a glock 19 I picked up from a friend. I love the way the M&P feels but HATE the stupid long trigger pull and reset. I love the glock with the 3.5# connector in it. However I have already promised my boss I'd sell him
    The glock this summer so it has to go. Also I want a gen 4 once they fix all the bugs..
    SOOOOO who has an APEX of any variety in their M&P and is it really worth the 100$ or should I just learn to like the M&P trigger?
    Thanks!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IXOYE View Post
    Hey everyone, I have an M&P40c for my edc and a glock 19 I picked up from a friend. I love the way the M&P feels but HATE the stupid long trigger pull and reset. I love the glock with the 3.5# connector in it. However I have already promised my boss I'd sell him
    The glock this summer so it has to go. Also I want a gen 4 once they fix all the bugs..
    SOOOOO who has an APEX of any variety in their M&P and is it really worth the 100$ or should I just learn to like the M&P trigger?
    Thanks!!!
    Custom 1911-Glock- M&P's can do a great job re-working the trigger you have in it now, for about the same money by the time you pay shipping and FFL. He did mine and I am extremely happy with it now.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

^ what did they do to your trigger? Sear, striker block, ect..?
    Looks like that could be a possibility!! Thanks!!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IXOYE View Post
    ^ what did they do to your trigger? Sear, striker block, ect..?
    Looks like that could be a possibility!! Thanks!!!!
    Give Lou a shout and he will be glad to give you the run-down. I also had him remove the beaver tail and texture the grip on mine.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Glad you asked. I just installed an Apex trigger kit on my S&W M&P 45C; let me first say that last year I installed an Apex kit in my S&W Airweight, and I couldn't be happier with the result. It took a marginal double action trigger and made it exactly what it should be. Installation was easy. Installation of the kit on my 45C was much more complicated; of course, it's a semi-auto handgun, so that was to be expected. As far as the result, it's better than it was; probably a lot better; and it seems to get better with use. But I also have a Springfield XD 9mm in stock form and a Glock 27 with a mild trigger job, and even with the new trigger, the M&P is nowhere close to being in that category.

So, yeah, the Apex kit makes the M&P's trigger better, but in stock form, it was so bad it really only had one way to go. If this were the only option out there, I'd do it. But since it's not, it consider other methods like the one described in this thread. Also, this is my experience, and others may have done better.

Have you tried YouTubing the subject...... Just saying........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Don't have any experience with the Apex trigger kits in the M&P's but I do have 3 Gen 4 Glocks. A G17 that was made in late November of 2012, a G27 that was made in Feb. of 2013 and a G30 that was made in March of 2013. They have all performed flawlessly.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Sponsor
    I would not hesitate to recommend Apex Tactical for any of their products. Randy is a top notch craftsman and their CS is stellar.

I did the "Burwell trigger job" on my 40c and installed the Apex Tactical parts(ultimate striker block and hard sear) in my 45c. They were both the same exact mod, the drop in Apex parts were just much quicker and still at a good price point. Both were vast improvements over stock.

I have heard great great things about Apex's forward set sear and trigger kit. I just haven't had any trigger time with one yet.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I put the Apex Competition kit in my M&P Pro9 and it made an amazing difference, 2.5 - 3 lb. pull and fixed the "false reset" that some M&Ps were known for. I assume you want the Duty/Carry kit though, don't know anyone that has one but I'll bet it would be worth the 98 bucks if you like everything else about the gun and shoot it well.

I also have the Competition kit on my M&P 9, and it is everything they claim it to be. I also recommend it.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

I have an apex kit on my shield. It is the BEST striker fired trigger I have ever felt in my life. Period. and its an easy install, you cant lose.

I agree with the last 3 posters. I love the Apex competition kit. The trigger is now around 3lbs and smooth. Some my find that a little light for a carry gun. Mine is only used for competition and would not carry well. A S&W Pro .40 with Apex kit, large magwell and extended 20 round mags not exactly concealable. FYI, I have nothing against carrying with that light of a trigger.

The shield comes in around 3.5-4 lbs with the apex in it IMO. I'm not worried about accidently pulling the trigger when carrying, I'm more concerned with the shields feeding reliability but that's another story. If I didn't have the apex in my shield I would have sold it a few days after I got it because the gun itself has been very troublesome

VIP Member
    Before I start I would like to say that I love M&P. I have also done the APEX mods myself and have quite a bit of experience with both. What I would suggest is try one that has been modded if you can and see if you like the trigger. If you don't like the trigger then you may have to buy another Glock, or I would highly suggest looking at a PPQ. They have a wonderful trigger out of the box.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

TAAAAAAAANLGE! TAAAAAAAAANGLE! We need you!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links